Nightlife: IGN Preview & 21 pics

http://pc.ign.com/articles/646/646359p1.html

Some excerpts:

"will still come by to pick sims up for work (the best alarm clock of
them all) but now sims can go out on joyrides, hang out in the car and
listen to the radio, drive downtown, pick up their dates to go out on
the town, and even get a little hot and steamy in the back seat for
some WooHoo action."

Tihi... which means they must be able to stay inside the car whenever
they want. I believe they can even sleep in their cars (it gives
energy 3). Maybe they'll fall asleep in the car after woohoo...
serious narcolepsi :)

"electro dance sphere (which made my sim violently throw up),"

Into the toilet, I hope :)

"There is a default "Downtown" area up for choice, which seems good
enough to me. There are a enough entertainment choices to keep your
sims busy for years. Those that want to create their custom nightlife
areas can feel free to do that as well."

HOPEFULLY, this also means you can create multiple downtowns for each
hood... (you could create three unis for each town) so you can
potentially use two of them as pure addon residential neighbourhoods!
THAT WOULD ROCK! Because as an industrial simmer, I need *space* hehe

"The guys at Maxis have made it much easier for the average Joe to
score in Nightlife so that your lonely sims might finally have a
chance at happiness."

Woohoo, Goopy is gonna get some! At long last LOL (did ya'll know that
there's a guy who works at Maxis they call Goopy and he's modelled
after him? LOL)... cruel if you ask me :)

"If your sims says or does something to make the date happy, the meter
goes up. Say or do something bad, the meter goes down. However, if the
meter goes up enough to reach a new level, more time is added to the
date. Should the date reach "Perfect" status, your sim is likely in
for a good night."

Tihi... nice.

"Making the dating easier is a new attraction system. Not only is it
good for finding people to date, but it also works very well for
hitting the right buttons when talking to them. A little lightning
bolt will show up in any options that another sim would be likely to
react well to."

According to Maxis, all existing sims in your games will get a
"potion" of some sort, to change their turn ons and offs so you can
match your current couples.

"Each sim also has values that make them more likely to be attracted
to you. If you can find those out, you can even change your sim's
looks to match a target's desires whether that be how fat your sim is
or what color hair. These turn-ons and turn-offs can actually be
changed along with aspirations (including the new Pleasure Seeker
aspiration) using the new ReNuYu Senso Orb. If you want your sim to
find formal wear a turn-off and blonde hair and facial hair a turn-on,
it's up to you"

I think someone said you can also rotate aspirations with it the orb.

"along with the good comes the bad. Seeing as your sims have more
emotion to their choices now, it's not surprising that they should
swing to the opposite side of the love spectrum. Take Jimmy and Tom.
They've always hated each other. But now they really hate each other.
In fact, every time that Jimmy or Tom thinks of the other person, the
thought bubble sprouts some hateful flames so there is no mistaking
the anger there."

Personally I think more powerful relationships is a good thing. Rarely
have ANY of my sims ever truly disliked eachother.

"The only things we haven't found yet are vampires and the fortune
teller. Both of these are random occurrences when out on the town."

Huh... I thought you could call the gypsy queens.

" If all else fails, she also sells Love Potion #8.5 to boost any
sim's attractiveness for a bit."

Tihi...

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_3033199.html
I like the romantic red tablecloth and the candles and roses :) Looks
like missy is getting herself a ring or a gift hehe

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_3034444.html
I guess this is the orb thing? LOL

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_3034468.html
I like the neon wall decor :)

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_3034494.html
Totally loving the poker tables... every house must have one :) And
especially my vacation-cabins hehe

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_2911477.html
I like the way it shows other couples on dates too... that never
happened in Hot Date. People were simply out eating together.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_2911478.html
Wahey look at the huge painting in the right background.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_2911479.html
Wineracks! :-D And look at those glass covers on those counters! And
there's TVs on the wall :-D

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_2911480.html
Check the fruit paintings... hanging over eachother. Maybe they come
in one package.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

Do you think you could sit down for a while and be quiet!!

> http://pc.ign.com/articles/646/646359p1.html
>
> "along with the good comes the bad. Seeing as your sims have more
> emotion to their choices now, it's not surprising that they should
> swing to the opposite side of the love spectrum. Take Jimmy and Tom.
> They've always hated each other. But now they really hate each other.
> In fact, every time that Jimmy or Tom thinks of the other person, the
> thought bubble sprouts some hateful flames so there is no mistaking
> the anger there."

Oh yes, excellent - I shall be testing this to the extreme.

> Personally I think more powerful relationships is a good thing. Rarely
> have ANY of my sims ever truly disliked eachother.

Well, I've tried my hardest and even then you have to provoke the fights
yourself - no spontaneous scuffling on the front lawn and embarrassing your
family in front of the neighbours. The only spontaneous fights I've seen
have been between NPCs.

Ah hah:

"During the period of time the hate is pumping, each sim is less likely to
talk to each other at all. What this seems to mean though is that sims have
much more violent tendencies. I've already seen a bunch of fights in the
little bit of time I've played Nightlife."

Oh yes, goody.

What is that?

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_3034444.html

I bet Loki wants one of those. Oh wait, is that the aspiration changer?
Why does it look like someone's hitched up an old aircraft engine to a
bedstead? Never mind - that looks like Vidcund with his head in it.

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_3034445.html
Guy in a grotty vest driving a simbourghini - right ....
He also seems to have the cheeks of a dormouse but no matter.

Sigh - I think I'm going to have to try and upgrade my motherboard and I
have no idea how I can do that. There are always more people in those
pictures than I get on my community lots.

Best wishes
maxon

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:56:28 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>Do you think you could sit down for a while and be quiet!!

I'm not one of your sims... I AM THE PUPPET MASTER! :p

>http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_3034445.html
>Guy in a grotty vest driving a simbourghini - right ....
>He also seems to have the cheeks of a dormouse but no matter.

Yeah I noticed that too... hopefully a custom creation.

>Sigh - I think I'm going to have to try and upgrade my motherboard and I
>have no idea how I can do that. There are always more people in those
>pictures than I get on my community lots.

Upgrading the motherboard is a more serious challenge... I've FUBAR'ed
a couple of them. One beyond repair, heh heh.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

> http://pc.ign.com/articles/646/646359p1.html
>
> Some excerpts:
>
> "will still come by to pick sims up for work (the best alarm clock of
> them all) but now sims can go out on joyrides, hang out in the car and
> listen to the radio, drive downtown, pick up their dates to go out on
> the town, and even get a little hot and steamy in the back seat for
> some WooHoo action."

(Oh lordy, wonder if there's a try for baby. LOL My 9 year old loves the
try for baby. She knocks up all her families. When she asks what their
doing in the hot tub or bed, I tell her their diving under for privacy so
they can kiss. Wonder what I'll have to come up with for the car. LOL)

> Tihi... which means they must be able to stay inside the car whenever
> they want. I believe they can even sleep in their cars (it gives
> energy 3). Maybe they'll fall asleep in the car after woohoo...
> serious narcolepsi :)

I've noticed the males seem to be more suceptible to this than anyone else.
LOL

> "electro dance sphere (which made my sim violently throw up),"
>
> Into the toilet, I hope :)

Man, one more mess to clean up after my Sims. I LOVE maids. Too bad I'm
the one at home. LOL

> "There is a default "Downtown" area up for choice, which seems good
> enough to me. There are a enough entertainment choices to keep your
> sims busy for years. Those that want to create their custom nightlife
> areas can feel free to do that as well."
>
> HOPEFULLY, this also means you can create multiple downtowns for each
> hood... (you could create three unis for each town) so you can
> potentially use two of them as pure addon residential neighbourhoods!
> THAT WOULD ROCK! Because as an industrial simmer, I need *space* hehe
>
> "The guys at Maxis have made it much easier for the average Joe to
> score in Nightlife so that your lonely sims might finally have a
> chance at happiness."
>
> Woohoo, Goopy is gonna get some! At long last LOL (did ya'll know that
> there's a guy who works at Maxis they call Goopy and he's modelled
> after him? LOL)... cruel if you ask me :)

(Is Goopy the one with that twisted face that looks like he got dropped on
his head a lot?)

> "If your sims says or does something to make the date happy, the meter
> goes up. Say or do something bad, the meter goes down. However, if the
> meter goes up enough to reach a new level, more time is added to the
> date. Should the date reach "Perfect" status, your sim is likely in
> for a good night."
>
> Tihi... nice.

(This ought to be interesting. My little torturer can come up with all
sorts of devious things I'll bet.)

> "Making the dating easier is a new attraction system. Not only is it
> good for finding people to date, but it also works very well for
> hitting the right buttons when talking to them. A little lightning
> bolt will show up in any options that another sim would be likely to
> react well to."
>
> According to Maxis, all existing sims in your games will get a
> "potion" of some sort, to change their turn ons and offs so you can
> match your current couples.

(This ought to make it easier than making two of my daughter's sims taking
to each other for 3 sims days to get them just to like each other enough for
a marriage. This will definitely make Mom's job easier. LOL)

> "Each sim also has values that make them more likely to be attracted
> to you. If you can find those out, you can even change your sim's
> looks to match a target's desires whether that be how fat your sim is
> or what color hair. These turn-ons and turn-offs can actually be
> changed along with aspirations (including the new Pleasure Seeker
> aspiration) using the new ReNuYu Senso Orb. If you want your sim to
> find formal wear a turn-off and blonde hair and facial hair a turn-on,
> it's up to you"
>
> I think someone said you can also rotate aspirations with it the orb.
>
> "along with the good comes the bad. Seeing as your sims have more
> emotion to their choices now, it's not surprising that they should
> swing to the opposite side of the love spectrum. Take Jimmy and Tom.
> They've always hated each other. But now they really hate each other.
> In fact, every time that Jimmy or Tom thinks of the other person, the
> thought bubble sprouts some hateful flames so there is no mistaking
> the anger there."
>
> Personally I think more powerful relationships is a good thing. Rarely
> have ANY of my sims ever truly disliked eachother.
>
> "The only things we haven't found yet are vampires and the fortune
> teller. Both of these are random occurrences when out on the town."
>
> Huh... I thought you could call the gypsy queens.
>
> " If all else fails, she also sells Love Potion #8.5 to boost any
> sim's attractiveness for a bit."
>
> Tihi...

(I cannot WAIT for this game. Two moer hours to payday. Thank God for
automatic deposit. The second that puppy hits I'm at EAstore! Pins and
needles!)

> http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_3033199.html
> I like the romantic red tablecloth and the candles and roses :) Looks
> like missy is getting herself a ring or a gift hehe
>
> http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_3034444.html
> I guess this is the orb thing? LOL
>
> http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_3034468.html
> I like the neon wall decor :)
>
> http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_3034494.html
> Totally loving the poker tables... every house must have one :) And
> especially my vacation-cabins hehe
>
> http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_2911477.html
> I like the way it shows other couples on dates too... that never
> happened in Hot Date. People were simply out eating together.
>
> http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_2911478.html
> Wahey look at the huge painting in the right background.
>
> http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_2911479.html
> Wineracks! :-D And look at those glass covers on those counters! And
> there's TVs on the wall :-D
>
> http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_2911480.html
> Check the fruit paintings... hanging over eachother. Maybe they come
> in one package.
> --

I notice in this pic
http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_3034446.html neatness STILL
doesn't count. What EP do we have to wait for for manners to come into
play? LOL

HappyHomemaker

> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat
> him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 02:15:35 GMT, "Happy Homemaker29"
<pcorbett1@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>(Oh lordy, wonder if there's a try for baby. LOL My 9 year old loves the
>try for baby. She knocks up all her families. When she asks what their
>doing in the hot tub or bed, I tell her their diving under for privacy so
>they can kiss. Wonder what I'll have to come up with for the car. LOL)

LOL! I think she's poking fun at you. My 10 year old nephew knows more
about human reproduction than I do! Schools these days...

The sims can "try for baby" any place they can woohoo, so I think it's
a safe bet :) Additionally, I believe they've stated that the windows
will "steam up", so you cant see hehe

>I've noticed the males seem to be more suceptible to this than anyone else.
>LOL

The hormonal differences actually make men more "active" during the
early day, and women the later part, or at least so my resident
neurobiologist tells me :)

>(Is Goopy the one with that twisted face that looks like he got dropped on
>his head a lot?)

Safe bet, yes hehehe...

>(This ought to make it easier than making two of my daughter's sims taking
>to each other for 3 sims days to get them just to like each other enough for
>a marriage. This will definitely make Mom's job easier. LOL)

Same here... I wonder how fast we can make the long-term relationship
go up. A little kissy kissy, a little woohoo... should make it rise
pretty quick. Maybe you can propose in one night lol!

>(I cannot WAIT for this game. Two moer hours to payday. Thank God for
>automatic deposit. The second that puppy hits I'm at EAstore! Pins and
>needles!)

Heh heh... 13 days til final launch sequence... I'm running all giddy
around the house, electro-dancing and smudging, or whatever that dance
was called hehe

>I notice in this pic
>http://media.pc.ign.com/media/739/739565/img_3034446.html neatness STILL
>doesn't count. What EP do we have to wait for for manners to come into
>play? LOL

Neatness really only counts if you don't have a maid!

> Oh man... I feel for you both. Poor her...

Thank you, but honestly, she and I are very blessed. You know what they
say, there's never more on your plate than you can handle.

> Oh man... you have every right and good instincts to be protective of
> her.

I try to let her be independant, but I'm also very aware of her limitations
and just step back and monitor, if you will.

> Amen to that... I did some reading, and I find it astonishing that she
> functions as well as she does. And you are one astonishingly good
> mother...
>
> http://corpus-callosum.blogspot.com/

I had never heard of this site and I've checked quite a lot when I first
heard of this. We found it by accident really. When the neurologist found
out about the traumatic birth and the ADHD, and possible oxygen loss, he
wanted to do an MRI for his own curiosity. I agreed since it was a
non-invasive test. When we went back to get the results, that's when I
found out. According to him, there's a lot more people out there with this
than they know because they usually only find out with a brain MRI and most
people don't get a brain MRI until they get into a car accident, or hit in
the head, or even never until after the autopsy. Also, some people with
this, are so severe, they can't walk, talk, have a feeding tube, etc... So
when I say we are blessed, I mean every word. I will take her any way God
sees fit to give me her, and if that's this way, better or worse, I'll take
it.

> I don't believe it's possible to actually conceive by accident, but
> there are some hacks you can download that give a "pregnancy risk" of
> 5%, 15% etc. :)

I have a twin, triplet, quad hack, but nothing that raises risk. I'll go
searching tomorrow. Getting ready to call it a night in a bit.

> A couple of genuine Nightlifers, huh? Or are you VAMPIRES!? EEK!

LOL Close though. LOL No actually I have fibromyalgia and sleep comes
very hard for me. In fact I take sleeping pills to sleep or I get generally
an hour a night. When I told my last doctor I was seeing for the
osteoarthritis, I told him, I can't sleep, I'm falling asleep at the wheel
and I'm scared to drive. I need to know what is going on. He told me,
condeceningly, "I don't prescribe narcotics for arthritis." I didn't want
narcotics. I wanted to know why I can't go to sleep at night. I got so
p'od, I switch docs and finally found out what was going on. All part of
the immune issues. No idea why everything is screwy. All I know is some of
my bones have not evolved like they're supposed to when you're an adult,
like the sternum is a bunch of little bones then fuses into one large bone.
I got tested for cancer because a dark spot kept showing up, come to find
out the bone never fused. Sheesh! On top of that I got other bones that
are literally in their 60's, but I'm only 35. LOL I had spinal surgery as
a teen and according to the rheumatologist it probably changed my body
chemistry enough to screw it up royally. It's alright really being up all
night half the time. Sometimes it's quieter and you get more "me" time.
Something you don't get a lot of with a very clingy daughter. LOL

> I bought and paid the game 3-4 months ago! LOL

Sure rub it in! LOL

> Hmm... aren't they though? IIRC it's sloppy sims that often burp, fart
> etc. heheh

I have some really neat ones who do it too. Irritating sometimes.

HH

>> Personally I think more powerful relationships is a good thing. Rarely
>> have ANY of my sims ever truly disliked eachother.

>Well, I've tried my hardest and even then you have to provoke the fights
>yourself - no spontaneous scuffling on the front lawn and embarrassing your
>family in front of the neighbours. The only spontaneous fights I've seen
>have been between NPCs.

I've had Lillith and Angela go at it at a few times.

>"Making the dating easier is a new attraction system. Not only is it
>good for finding people to date, but it also works very well for
>hitting the right buttons when talking to them. A little lightning
>bolt will show up in any options that another sim would be likely to
>react well to."

>According to Maxis, all existing sims in your games will get a
>"potion" of some sort, to change their turn ons and offs so you can
>match your current couples.

Nice. I was wandering how it would fit in with existing sim
relationships. I imagined I had to fiddle with SimPe. Thankfully not.

>Oh yes, but those Maxis families are set up to a certain extent - I've never
>played the Maxis neighbourhoods. In fact, I deleted them, saves a lot of
>space.

I started playing Pleasantville. Don't play it any longer but I
can't bring myself to delete it. Only took a curious glance at the
other maxis hoods. (I did move the Capps over. Hence, comment below)

> I think you might get it (a spontaneous fight) if your sims has an
>actual enemy (little red 'smiley' icon in the relationship screen) but it's
>quite difficult to get them to do that even when their relationship
>is -100/-100. I've had to force it with SimPE a few times - I'm guessing
>the Maxis people did the same with Lilith and Angela (except they didn't use
>SimPE, of course)

Well the sim that represents me really hated the older male Capp
(Can't remember his first name) And that was without any prompting
from me! I was playing the family and kept on inviting myself round and
they just ended up hating each other.

Don't think it got to -100/-100 because the guy died. My sim just
stood there cheering and laughing while it was happening!!

Oh yes, but those Maxis families are set up to a certain extent - I've never
played the Maxis neighbourhoods. In fact, I deleted them, saves a lot of
space. I think you might get it (a spontaneous fight) if your sims has an

"Kelly Cobb" <kelly.cobb@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Have you ever visited the Epilepsy foundation's support forums? The
> Parents
> Helping Parents one is great. I post there as 'rachelsmom'. Here's a link,
> in case you're interested: http://www.epilepsyfoundation.org/ecommunities/

Thanks. I never heard of that website. I'll check it out.

> Puberty is very hard on people with other issues, such as those whose
> chemistry is already unstable. Throw in a bunch of AEDs and it gets dicey.
> We're there right now, too. The difference is Rachel understands about the
> talks we've been having and the importance of taking care of herself.
>
> Rachel was, for a short time, thought to have had O.D.D., because her AED
> med mix was wrong. She couldn't control her anger and threw a book in the
> classroom. She was suspended for one day of 4th grade. I called her neuro.
> and we reduced the med that caused the problem. Voila, the O.D.D. suddenly
> disappeared. I had a long talk with the school counselor over that one.

Yeah we had a similar problem a short while back. She was on risperdal for
..25mg. ODD, 20 mg.adderal XR, and 38 mg. Strattera for ADHD, and Zarontin
for seizures. Her adderal was so high, her heartrate began racing and she
flipped out in school. She began hitting the teacher, grabbing other kids
pencils, bit two teachers who tried to come in and help remove her from the
classroom, man, what a mess. But truthfully, a lot of it wasn't her fault.
We took her off the Adderal, and that helped tremendously. Now she's been
weaned off all ADHD mds because her neurologist feels the ADHD really isn't
ADHD, but side effect of the seizure disorder. We found out Independance
day she can't tolerate firework flashing because right after watching the
fireworks, she had a seizure directly afterwards. (petit mal) The neuro
said he'd never heard of anything like that happening, but it's not uncommon
as it is a flashing light. After about a week, the seizures stopped
completely again.

> Amen.:)
>
> Kelly

(Thanks again for the heads up on the website!)
HH

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 11:53:13 GMT, "Happy Homemaker29"
<pcorbett1@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>Now and then, about every 4 months, I'll go through spurts where I can't
>stay awake for the life of me. I will, and have, curled up into a ball and
>fell asleep on my computer desk. The weird part is, I don't even know it
>until my husband will say that I fell asleep and go upstairs and take a nap.

Sounds like a very severe condition to me. Extreme narcolepsi brought
on by extreme sleep deprivation. What causes the sleep deprivation is
what you need to look into... I sure hope you don't drive. If you do,
please stop, it's very dangerous :-\

>Yeah that's what the rheumatologist thinks. He says it's because of the
>restless legs, which went unmedicated for almost 3 months because one doctor
>didn't want to represcribe without seeing me, but I couldn't get in for
>another 6 months. Plus, I have the apnea as well, but also untreated
>because severe claustrophobia with full face mask, nausea with another, and
>can't breath for nothing with another. So in that 6 months time, I go

Yeah I have to switch masks too. I can't sleep with the half-mask,
because I cant push enough air through my nose... since my passages
were warped when I was less than a year old.

>without until he figures out what he wants to do. Rheumy thinks all this
>isn't helping sleep situation basically.

Man... I've had extreme apnea for at least 10 years maybe 12-13, since
I entered puberty, so I know how these things can screw you up... my
blood oxygen level drops to almost 50% when I sleep. That's heart
attack terrain, and I've been sleeping like that for at least a decade
LOL

>I understand that feeling. I didn't go to bed till close to 3 this morning

I went to bed at 3PM yesterday :p Often all I can do is go shop
groceries, and play videogames and watch TV and stuff... life is hell
basically, but since the CPAP isn't working yet, it's all I've ever
known.

>and spent the entire night tossing and turning, only to wake at 7 to have my
>daughter say she peed her bed. (She hasn't done this in a very long time,
>even during the seizure uresis. We think she's getting a UTI, but the

Urinal tract infection?

>doctors found nothing in her urine yesterday. They sent a culture off to be
>tested, I'm supposed to wait till they are almost closing to find out if
>they did because by then, the results should be back. My brain is so dead
>right now I'm correcting this response a LOT! LOL)

LOL no worries :)

> Sounds like a very severe condition to me. Extreme narcolepsi brought
> on by extreme sleep deprivation. What causes the sleep deprivation is
> what you need to look into... I sure hope you don't drive. If you do,
> please stop, it's very dangerous :-\

Part of my sleep depreivation is severe post traumatic stress disorder. A
little gift left over from early childhood. The rest of it is the apnea,
restless legs, and not getting level four R.E.M sleep (from the fibro). I
do drive, but ONLY when I'm fully awake. When I feel like I'm slagging, I
refuse to drive.

> Yeah I have to switch masks too. I can't sleep with the half-mask,
> because I cant push enough air through my nose... since my passages
> were warped when I was less than a year old.

The one with the tubes in the nose drove me batty. I tried it out at a
hospital supply company and I almost hurled from the pressure of the air
being pushed through. I had to rip it off or change the color of their
carpet.

> Man... I've had extreme apnea for at least 10 years maybe 12-13, since
> I entered puberty, so I know how these things can screw you up... my
> blood oxygen level drops to almost 50% when I sleep. That's heart
> attack terrain, and I've been sleeping like that for at least a decade
> LOL

I remember having problems for years and everyone kept telling me it was all
in my head. It took almost 10 years to find out it was no where near my
head.

> I went to bed at 3PM yesterday :p Often all I can do is go shop
> groceries, and play videogames and watch TV and stuff... life is hell
> basically, but since the CPAP isn't working yet, it's all I've ever
> known.

Before they found out about the fibro, I would do that for about a week,
every other week. I can understand how frustrated how my husband must have
felt.

> Urinal tract infection?

Yeah. Urinary actually, but yes. I finally got the test results back and
they did come up positive for infection so they called in a prescription for
her. She had another accident last night so she asked me if she could sleep
in her diapers just until this goes away so she can sleep without wetting
the sheet. I told her if that is what makes her feel comfortable, we'll do
it.

> LOL no worries :)

LOL Thanks.

HH

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 22:40:45 GMT, "Happy Homemaker29"
<pcorbett1@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>Part of my sleep depreivation is severe post traumatic stress disorder. A
>little gift left over from early childhood. The rest of it is the apnea,
>restless legs, and not getting level four R.E.M sleep (from the fibro). I
>do drive, but ONLY when I'm fully awake. When I feel like I'm slagging, I
>refuse to drive.

They suspended my license when I was diagnosed with apnea! I wasn't
supposed to get it back until it's under full treatment and remedied.
Drivers dozing off and being unconcentrated is responsible for
something like 80% of fatal traffic accidents, which is why I'm ok
with it. I took a full set of psychological, neurological tests and it
turns out that despite my disorder I'm in remarkable health hehe

>The one with the tubes in the nose drove me batty. I tried it out at a
>hospital supply company and I almost hurled from the pressure of the air
>being pushed through. I had to rip it off or change the color of their
>carpet.

Oh, I never had one with tubes, just a "halfmask" that you put over
the whole nose and left the mouth open to breath if you wished, or got
claustrophobic. Was it because you're claustrophobic that you almost
threw up? I don't think air pressure can actually force stuff out of
your stomach hehe

>I remember having problems for years and everyone kept telling me it was all
>in my head. It took almost 10 years to find out it was no where near my
>head.

Same here. I've been to shrinks and take anti-depression and
anti-anxiety medication. Turns out I haven't had a good night's sleep
since 1992!

>Before they found out about the fibro, I would do that for about a week,
>every other week. I can understand how frustrated how my husband must have
>felt.

Yeah... it's frustrating for my friends and family too, but I have
very little control over it :-(

>> Urinal tract infection?
>
>Yeah. Urinary actually, but yes. I finally got the test results back and

LOL! My poor english comes back to haunt me once again... a urinal is
a toilet, isn't it? I'm glad you're not offended like some people LOL

>they did come up positive for infection so they called in a prescription for
>her. She had another accident last night so she asked me if she could sleep
>in her diapers just until this goes away so she can sleep without wetting
>the sheet. I told her if that is what makes her feel comfortable, we'll do
>it.

Oh :-\ Tell her many adults have to wear them too, and they don't have
any congenital disorders hehe

> They suspended my license when I was diagnosed with apnea! I wasn't
> supposed to get it back until it's under full treatment and remedied.
> Drivers dozing off and being unconcentrated is responsible for
> something like 80% of fatal traffic accidents, which is why I'm ok
> with it. I took a full set of psychological, neurological tests and it
> turns out that despite my disorder I'm in remarkable health hehe

Wow! I've heard of that for seizures, but not for apnea. Mine is moderate
level apnea, but I'm sure being untreated doesn't help much.

> Oh, I never had one with tubes, just a "halfmask" that you put over
> the whole nose and left the mouth open to breath if you wished, or got
> claustrophobic. Was it because you're claustrophobic that you almost
> threw up? I don't think air pressure can actually force stuff out of
> your stomach hehe

No with me, it was the post nasal drip that led to the nausea. It felt like
my brain was draining down the back of my throat. I got so queasy I ripped
it off. The mask that fit over the mouth and nose, made me claustrophobic.
One night I was sleeping with it, and my husband walked in the bedroom while
I was sleeping. After having some traumatic nights as a kid, I had a
flashback being half awake and all, and freaked out and almost broke the
mask ripping it off my face in a panic. I have issues with anything
covering my face while sleeping. I can't have a blanket or pillow on my
face while sleeping, I freak out so badly. I had to stop wearing the mask.
I'm okay with enclosed spaces, it's only when something covers my face that
I become claustrophobic. When I was delivering my daughter they put an
oxygen mask on me in the OR delivery, and began strapping me down for the
cesarean. Once the straps when on, I began to panic and struggle against
the straps to rip the mask off. By the time I began struggling, the drugs
knocked me out.

> Same here. I've been to shrinks and take anti-depression and
> anti-anxiety medication. Turns out I haven't had a good night's sleep
> since 1992!

I think my last good night sleep was when I was given morphine and dererol
after the birth of my daughter. I slept for 4 uninterupted days. LOL
Before that, my best night was when I was 5.

> Yeah... it's frustrating for my friends and family too, but I have
> very little control over it :-(

There's a shirt I want off of a fibromyalgia website. It shows someone
suffering from an invisible illness and it says, "But you look so good."
They now even have an Invisible Illness week to try and bring awareness to
it.

> LOL! My poor english comes back to haunt me once again... a urinal is
> a toilet, isn't it? I'm glad you're not offended like some people LOL

LOL Nah! To tell the truth, I've heard english is one of the hardest
languages to learn! You have the homophones that sound the same but are
spelt differently. Such as There (place), Their (ownership), and They're
(they are), To (place), Too (also), and Two (number amount). I can only
imagine how hard this language can be one someone who's never heard it
before. It's weird, you use the "urinary" tract to pee in the "urinal".
LOL Go figure! LOL

> Oh :-\ Tell her many adults have to wear them too, and they don't have
> any congenital disorders hehe

LOL I told her when Mommy becomes really old, she'll probably wear them
too. LOL She asked one day what menstrual pads were and I laughingly told
her that were Mommy diapers. LOL I told her everyone wears them eventually
and can't stand them either, so she's not alone. LOL That made her feel
better.

HH

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 00:53:38 GMT, "Happy Homemaker29"
<pcorbett1@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>Wow! I've heard of that for seizures, but not for apnea. Mine is moderate
>level apnea, but I'm sure being untreated doesn't help much.

Apnea isn't even the worst! Narcolepsi is really worrying! People who
have it, and drive, are like 800% more likely to be in a seroius
accident. For apnea patients it's only like 3-400%.

>One night I was sleeping with it, and my husband walked in the bedroom while
>I was sleeping. After having some traumatic nights as a kid, I had a
>flashback being half awake and all, and freaked out and almost broke the
>mask ripping it off my face in a panic. I have issues with anything
>covering my face while sleeping. I can't have a blanket or pillow on my
>face while sleeping, I freak out so badly. I had to stop wearing the mask.

This is more common than you'd think. We had special training to avoid
claustrophobia when using the masks.

>I think my last good night sleep was when I was given morphine and dererol
>after the birth of my daughter. I slept for 4 uninterupted days. LOL
>Before that, my best night was when I was 5.

LOL

>There's a shirt I want off of a fibromyalgia website. It shows someone
>suffering from an invisible illness and it says, "But you look so good."
>They now even have an Invisible Illness week to try and bring awareness to
>it.

I feel ya... cause that's how I feel too. Everyone thinks you're a
slacker or a bum and you're strugling to have a normal social and
family life!

>LOL I told her when Mommy becomes really old, she'll probably wear them
>too. LOL She asked one day what menstrual pads were and I laughingly told
>her that were Mommy diapers. LOL I told her everyone wears them eventually
>and can't stand them either, so she's not alone. LOL That made her feel
>better.

hehe :) In fact MILLIONS of grown men OUGHT to be wearing diapers
because they leave racing stripes in their underwear! LOL

Lockerroom humor... :p

> Apnea isn't even the worst! Narcolepsi is really worrying! People who
> have it, and drive, are like 800% more likely to be in a seroius
> accident. For apnea patients it's only like 3-400%.

Never heard of that before.

> This is more common than you'd think. We had special training to avoid
> claustrophobia when using the masks.

I didn't have that. I had to sleep one night with the mask in the sleep lab
then I was sent home with it. That was it.

> I feel ya... cause that's how I feel too. Everyone thinks you're a
> slacker or a bum and you're strugling to have a normal social and
> family life!

Amen! I've been so abnormal for so long, I'm beginning to find normalcy in
abnormalcy!

> hehe :) In fact MILLIONS of grown men OUGHT to be wearing diapers
> because they leave racing stripes in their underwear! LOL
>
> Lockerroom humor... :p

I've been married 11 years and bought him my share of underwear because I
couldn't stand looking at the racing stripe. LOL

HH

On Wed, 07 Sep 2005 02:46:04 GMT, "Happy Homemaker29"
<pcorbett1@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>I didn't have that. I had to sleep one night with the mask in the sleep lab
>then I was sent home with it. That was it.

Same here. But we spent the entire day before, in training.

>I've been married 11 years and bought him my share of underwear because I
>couldn't stand looking at the racing stripe. LOL

LOL that's one of my worst nightmares. Another thing I dont understand
is why it happens so much to men and not women... or are you better at
hiding it? Personally, I believe PREEMPTING the problem LOL
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

"Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

> Lacey itches.
>
> I don't like to wear anything that itches.
>
> Thongs come in cotton too. And frankly, when you have buttfloss, there is
> nothing there to catch poo.
>
> -georg

When it's a stiff lace, hell ya! LOL Personally I could never get into
thongs. And that look where you wear pants that show the thong??? What the
hell??!!!???!!! LOL

HH

Happy Homemaker29 wrote:
> "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>

>>Lacey itches.
>>
>>I don't like to wear anything that itches.
>>
>>Thongs come in cotton too. And frankly, when you have buttfloss, there is
>>nothing there to catch poo.
>>
>>-georg
>

> When it's a stiff lace, hell ya! LOL Personally I could never get into
> thongs. And that look where you wear pants that show the thong??? What the
> hell??!!!???!!! LOL

Thongs should have a square yardage maximum so that they can't make them
in really large sizes.

-georg

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 00:18:55 GMT, "Happy Homemaker29"
<pcorbett1@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

>When it's a stiff lace, hell ya! LOL Personally I could never get into
>thongs. And that look where you wear pants that show the thong??? What the
>hell??!!!???!!! LOL

You know, I like thongs, they are the 8th wonder of the world... but
they are not suitable on 60 year olds or above your waist LOL... some
girls have them stick up over their pants... and they look like
sumowrestling diapers!
--

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:30:21 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>My teenaged grandson spent part of the summer with us last year. He was
>helping me carry clean laundry into the various bedrooms to be put away
>one day, carrying a basket of clothes into my bedroom for me. Something
>fell off and he bent down to scoop it up again, only to realize that it
>was a pair of my underwear. He shuddered and shook and flinched so
>badly he dropped the entire basket. "Granny panties! I touched Granny
>panties!" ROFL!
>
>One of my fondest memories now, I must say.

LOL, I'm sure they're very comfortable, though, and as long as you're
not trying to make an impression, you might as well... I've twice been
with an older woman (well, ok, one was 24 when I was 20 and 27 when I
was 22), and I was under the impression all women wore laced underwear
and thongs :p
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:30:21 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>My teenaged grandson spent part of the summer with us last year. He was
>>helping me carry clean laundry into the various bedrooms to be put away
>>one day, carrying a basket of clothes into my bedroom for me. Something
>>fell off and he bent down to scoop it up again, only to realize that it
>>was a pair of my underwear. He shuddered and shook and flinched so
>>badly he dropped the entire basket. "Granny panties! I touched Granny
>>panties!" ROFL!
>>
>>One of my fondest memories now, I must say.
>

> LOL, I'm sure they're very comfortable, though, and as long as you're
> not trying to make an impression, you might as well... I've twice been
> with an older woman (well, ok, one was 24 when I was 20 and 27 when I
> was 22), and I was under the impression all women wore laced underwear
> and thongs :p

The older one gets, the more comfort and a sense of humor matters.

Truly in my dating years, I thought all men wore silk boxers. Then I
tried living with a man. Hello poo-stained tighty-whities! Ew.

-georg

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 15:30:21 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>My teenaged grandson spent part of the summer with us last year. He was
>>helping me carry clean laundry into the various bedrooms to be put away
>>one day, carrying a basket of clothes into my bedroom for me. Something
>>fell off and he bent down to scoop it up again, only to realize that it
>>was a pair of my underwear. He shuddered and shook and flinched so
>>badly he dropped the entire basket. "Granny panties! I touched Granny
>>panties!" ROFL!
>>
>>One of my fondest memories now, I must say.
>

> LOL, I'm sure they're very comfortable, though, and as long as you're
> not trying to make an impression, you might as well...

Oh, honey, I'm 50 years old. I stopped trying to "make an impression"
years ago. I took a cue from my husband a decade ago. He brushed his
teeth and combed his hair, what more did I want? LOL

I've twice been
> with an older woman (well, ok, one was 24 when I was 20 and 27 when I
> was 22), and I was under the impression all women wore laced underwear
> and thongs :p
> --

27 is not an "older woman" unless you are maybe 12. My cookie sheet is
older than that.

Jeanie

On Fri, 09 Sep 2005 17:56:03 GMT, Georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>Truly in my dating years, I thought all men wore silk boxers. Then I
>tried living with a man. Hello poo-stained tighty-whities! Ew.

LOL... sounds like my dad. And his dad before him. And so on. May I
never go down that path... I'm probably doomed to though lol