Need recommendations for stylish new case!!

dublindude

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
Hi all,

I currently have an Antec p182 (special edition). Its a nice case but unfortunately the side panel is broken and wont go back on so all my internal organs are exposed!! :facepalm:

So I need a new case!! Something stylish! I have been drawn to the Antec 902 and 1200 as I like of the idea of the power/restart buttons being on top of the case as I usually have my case on the floor next to my chair! However, I am not entirely sure about the blue lights everywhere! This may get annoying at night! Maybe its not big deal?

Anyway, I am looking for something stylish but also easy to work with. Something that will have room for future upgrades!!

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions!! :thumbsup:

The Antec Twelve Hundred is a classic case that you buy and keep for years. Ventilation, airflow, and cooling are excellent. Expandability is excellent.

The Antec Nine Hundred series is hands down the most popular case with hardcore gamers.

The corsair obisidian 800D is what i would call stylish, but the Antec 1200 is certainly a better performer in terms of cooling.

Personally I'd go with the Corsair, I think the Antec 1200 looks a bit like an arcade machine with all those lights, just my opinion

dublindude

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
Yea the Obisdian looks pretty nice. Not too OTT and not too bland!
corsair-obsidian-800d.jpg

yeah shes a beast, but costs alot, almost twice as much as the antec 1200

But just look at it, amazing!

I have to recommend my current case, the CoolerMaster HAF 932, no where near as stylish as the Corsair, but for cooling performance, its second to none

All the fans have LED on / off switches as well as 3 speed switched for rear fans and variable speed knobs for front ones

antec_rep

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Hello dublindude,

Of course the Twelve Hundred and Nine Hundred Two are good cases, and yes they indeed have blue LEDs on the front, rear, and top fans. The LEDs aren't for everyone of course, but the top fan can be turned off by a convenient switch at the back of the case!

Also, we have just recently come out with the P183. No mirrored side panels of course like your current case, but same design philosophy is present, with a few improvements that hopefully you will like. Check out the flyer: http://www.antec.com/pdf/flyers/P183_EN_flyer.pdf - There's a section on "What's new in the P183".

Thanks!

dublindude

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
Thanks guys!! Lots of cases to choose from! Not all available for delivery to Ireland though! :(

Any thoughts on Coolermaster Scout?

dublindude

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009

Yea, I think your right! Come to think of it I will never be carrying it anywhere! :eek:

dublindude

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009
So this is list of cases I have been looking at so far, starting with the most expensive!

Thanks for your suggestions and advice so far.

Feel free to add more suggestions!! :thumbsup:

Corsair Obsidian 800D (prob too pricey)
corsair-obsidian-series-800d-pc-chassis.jpg

Lian Li PC-A71FB (prob too pricey)
CA-172-LL_400.jpg

Coolermaster RC-1100 Cosmos S
CA-156-CM_400.jpg

Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos
1065076-a.jpg

Antec 1200
1200_front_q_lights.jpg

Coolermaster Storm 'Sniper'
Cooler%20master%20storm%20sniper%2001.jpg

Coolermaster HAF 932
Cooler-Master-HAF932.jpg

Coolermaster Storm 'Scout'
coolermaster_stormscout3.jpg

Not a bad line up, my friend has the Coolermaster RC 1100 cosmos S and its stunning. But me and a few mates tease him about the handles lol. I guess its not a big deal, atleast they don't look as cheap as the CM scout handles :p.

I'd save up for the Corsair Obsidian 800D, because if i brought any other case I'd regret not getting the Corsair, but thats just me.

I think the CM storm sniper is as ugly as sin. Just looks like a big block of plastic.

dublindude

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009

Hi, thanks!

Yea the cosmos look nice but the handles put me off! Not really sure why!

Well looks like you've narrowed it down, if the Corsair and the Lian Li are too pricey and the CM cosmos's aren't to your taste then your left with the Antec 1200, The sniper, The scout and the HAF 932

Personally i think your current P183 has more style than any of the cases i listed above.

Have you considered any Silverstone cases yet?

clinomaniac

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
Have you looked at the Coolermaster ATCS 840 Black?

So clean looking with excellent features. 3x230mm + 1x120mm fans plus space for 3 more 120mm fans. Excellent cable management. Its 100% aluminium. Most photo's don't do it justice at all. Its essentially the Corsair 800D with better ventilation and no window.

I quite like the Silverstone Raven RV01 but that's just me. It remind me of the new batmobile lol

If you're looking under £100 then I can't recommend enough the Lancool Dragonlord PC-K62
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4XCT9yibwQ

My brother has the CM stacker 832 and he loves it except for the lack of cable management holes, so I'd get a modular PSU if you haven't got one already.

silverstone raven rvo1 v2 http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Silverstone-Raven-RV01B-W-Black-Large-Tower-Case-with-Window-Kit-w-o-PSU

I think this case isn't to bad for the money
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/NZXT-Whisper-Black-Full-Tower-Silent-Case-w-o-PSU

you can get this case with or without the window
http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Silverstone-TJ09B-W-Black-Aluminium-Full-Tower-Case-inc-Side-Window-(w-o-PSU)

dublindude

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2009

Yea I was looking at the ATCS 840, I even forgot to add it to the list above!! The only downside is the price! Not sure I should spend that kind of money! :ouch:

Not sure on the batmobile case! :eek: