Ethernet adapter Wireless network connection - media state - media disconnected

ShelbyM13

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
Hi there, I could really use some help! I am suddenly unable to access the internet from my PC, and all my troubleshooting efforts have gotten me nowhere. I use a secure wireless network in my home that my roommate set up (I am online on her laptop as we speak). We've had no issues with the wireless connection (via a linksys router) or the internet signal (via Time Warner cable). The problem seems to be that the network is not identifying an IP address for my laptop. My Dell wireless card seems to be functioning properly, and I'm using Windows XP to configure my wireless connection. It simply stopped working one day when I started up my computer.

Any help someone could give me would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Shelby
ShelbyM13@gmail.com

Do you have a firewall program other than Windows Firewall? If so, open it to verify that it is not blocking access to the network.

Also, if you have not tried re-starting windows, do that, sometimes a restart will also reset your IP address.

Please remove your personal email address from your post - this is a public forum, and sometimes bad things can happen if you make your email known to everyone.