New Sims 2 Survey!

http://www.insightexpress.com/ix/vwShowSurvey.asp?id=90679&accessCode=3442783302&

Get in and give your opinion before it's too late :)
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

Guardian Pegasus wrote, On 31-8-2005 0:16:
> http://www.insightexpress.com/ix/vwShowSurvey.asp?id=90679&accessCode=3442783302&
>
> Get in and give your opinion before it's too late :)

Is it just me or was that the shortest survey ever? I only had to fill
in my age group and where I live and I got the "thank you for
participating" message!

Bianca

Rumpel wrote:
> Guardian Pegasus wrote, On 31-8-2005 0:16:
>
>> http://www.insightexpress.com/ix/vwShowSurvey.asp?id=90679&accessCode=3442783302&
>>

>> Get in and give your opinion before it's too late :)
>

> Is it just me or was that the shortest survey ever? I only had to fill
> in my age group and where I live and I got the "thank you for
> participating" message!
>
> Bianca

Must have been full, or you are outside of the US.

Unfortunately too many of these companies don't care if you aren't in
the US. :( I had no trouble.

-georg

i am in canada and it let me do the whole thing....

--
Rhiannon

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:02:32 GMT, Georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>Must have been full, or you are outside of the US.
>
>Unfortunately too many of these companies don't care if you aren't in
>the US. :( I had no trouble.

It worked fine for me... I filled in under "Other: Norway". I think
it's a bug, Rumpel.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:55:38 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
wrote:

>Guardian Pegasus wrote, On 31-8-2005 0:16:
>> http://www.insightexpress.com/ix/vwShowSurvey.asp?id=90679&accessCode=3442783302&
>>
>> Get in and give your opinion before it's too late :)
>
>Is it just me or was that the shortest survey ever? I only had to fill
>in my age group and where I live and I got the "thank you for
>participating" message!

Maybe I gave the wrong link! The accesscode could be "tied" to my MAC
or IP. Try accessing the survey from the Sims2.com link?
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:16:16 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>http://www.insightexpress.com/ix/vwShowSurvey.asp?id=90679&accessCode=3442783302&
>
>Get in and give your opinion before it's too late :)

http://www.insightexpress.com/s/Sims90679

Try this link instead.
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote, On 31-8-2005 1:11:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 00:55:38 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
> wrote:
>

>>Guardian Pegasus wrote, On 31-8-2005 0:16:
>>
>>>http://www.insightexpress.com/ix/vwShowSurvey.asp?id=90679&accessCode=3442783302&
>>>
>>>Get in and give your opinion before it's too late :)
>>
>>Is it just me or was that the shortest survey ever? I only had to fill
>>in my age group and where I live and I got the "thank you for
>>participating" message!
>

> Maybe I gave the wrong link! The accesscode could be "tied" to my MAC
> or IP. Try accessing the survey from the Sims2.com link?

No tried going there from the EA website and got the same message. But
when I went there with Internet Explorer (instead of Firefox) and indeed
filled in "other: Holland" it worked, guess they indeed don't care much
about the opinion of "mainland Europe".

Guardian Pegasus wrote, On 31-8-2005 0:16:
> http://www.insightexpress.com/ix/vwShowSurvey.asp?id=90679&accessCode=3442783302&
>
> Get in and give your opinion before it's too late :)

I do like the idea of the boosterpacks, but either with more than 80
objects or less than 20 dollars (in Holland probably 25-30 euros).

Bianca

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:19:00 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
wrote:

>No tried going there from the EA website and got the same message. But
>when I went there with Internet Explorer (instead of Firefox) and indeed
>filled in "other: Holland" it worked, guess they indeed don't care much
>about the opinion of "mainland Europe".

I put "Other: Norway" (it's not mainland europe...) and they took
mine... I bet it'll go right into the trash though.. pisses me off. So
I posted the content of the survey in another thread for everyone who
doesnt get to read it :)
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote, On 31-8-2005 1:27:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:19:00 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
> wrote:
>

>>No tried going there from the EA website and got the same message. But
>>when I went there with Internet Explorer (instead of Firefox) and indeed
>>filled in "other: Holland" it worked, guess they indeed don't care much
>>about the opinion of "mainland Europe".
>

> I put "Other: Norway" (it's not mainland europe...) and they took
> mine... I bet it'll go right into the trash though.. pisses me off.

Mine will be binned too for sure, they probably think I was stoned (like
of course all Dutch are all the time ;-))

> So
> I posted the content of the survey in another thread for everyone who
> doesnt get to read it :)

Could be an interesting discussion I think, about the boosterpacks, but
considering the survey was for US only there is the possibility it is
only intended for the American market...

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:25:35 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
wrote:

>I do like the idea of the boosterpacks, but either with more than 80
>objects or less than 20 dollars (in Holland probably 25-30 euros).

Me too... no theme and stuff though. I wonder what kind of objects
these would be... if there would be new interactive objects, or just
"more of the same" objects. Either way, I would of course buy it...
lol. I think maybe 20$ is a little much. The initial sale price of
EP's is 30$ isn't it? 29.95? So I guess it would cost like 2/3 of a
normal EP. Plus, there would probably be lots of them :) Maybe Maxis
are considering hiring a seperate "booster"crew, so we'll get boosters
every 3 months, and EPs every 6 hehe... talk about makin bacon :)
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote, On 31-8-2005 1:32:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:25:35 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
> wrote:
>

>>I do like the idea of the boosterpacks, but either with more than 80
>>objects or less than 20 dollars (in Holland probably 25-30 euros).
>

> Me too... no theme and stuff though. I wonder what kind of objects
> these would be... if there would be new interactive objects, or just
> "more of the same" objects. Either way, I would of course buy it...
> lol. I think maybe 20$ is a little much. The initial sale price of
> EP's is 30$ isn't it? 29.95? So I guess it would cost like 2/3 of a
> normal EP. Plus, there would probably be lots of them :)

I would buy them too (albeit maybe not on the day of release), but I
consider 15 euros a better/fair price for 80 objects.

> Maybe Maxis
> are considering hiring a seperate "booster"crew, so we'll get boosters
> every 3 months, and EPs every 6 hehe... talk about makin bacon :)

There are enough talented object/genetics/etc makers out there to form a
seperate crew, but I doubt it.

I agree, 20.00 is to much for a booster. That sound more like it for the
ep!

BD

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:28:17 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
wrote:

>Could be an interesting discussion I think, about the boosterpacks, but
>considering the survey was for US only there is the possibility it is
>only intended for the American market...

Well, as I understand it, The Sims have been one of the largest global
successes, and is the most sold game ever... so the wide majority of
their sales are international... which is indicative of every EP being
translated into like 18 languages hehe, and more coming all the
time... and even if they were only intended for the US, lots of games
and webshops would import it. Benefits of a global marketplace :)

So don't worry about that!
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:28:17 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
> wrote:
>

>>Could be an interesting discussion I think, about the boosterpacks, but
>>considering the survey was for US only there is the possibility it is
>>only intended for the American market...
>

> Well, as I understand it, The Sims have been one of the largest global
> successes, and is the most sold game ever... so the wide majority of
> their sales are international... which is indicative of every EP being
> translated into like 18 languages hehe, and more coming all the
> time... and even if they were only intended for the US, lots of games
> and webshops would import it. Benefits of a global marketplace :)

I think, because they were asking what the internet connection was,
booster packs may involve no CD... and be download only. I do not know
how that effects importation.

I do know they did this successfully with several of the EQ expansions-
and most of the non-English speakers had serious trouble getting
expansions and support for the game.

-georg

Georg wrote, On 31-8-2005 1:41:
> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 01:28:17 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Could be an interesting discussion I think, about the boosterpacks,
>>> but considering the survey was for US only there is the possibility
>>> it is only intended for the American market...
>>

>> Well, as I understand it, The Sims have been one of the largest global
>> successes, and is the most sold game ever... so the wide majority of
>> their sales are international... which is indicative of every EP being
>> translated into like 18 languages hehe, and more coming all the
>> time... and even if they were only intended for the US, lots of games
>> and webshops would import it. Benefits of a global marketplace :)
>

> I think, because they were asking what the internet connection was,
> booster packs may involve no CD... and be download only. I do not know
> how that effects importation.
>
> I do know they did this successfully with several of the EQ expansions-
> and most of the non-English speakers had serious trouble getting
> expansions and support for the game.

I was thinking about that too, but then I wouldn't be sure if I would
buy it. I'm kinda old-fashioned/weird that way I guess, even with music
I hardly ever downloaded anything (il)legal, unless it's something I
can't get in Europe or live versions. I like something tangible (yes I
could download the cover, burn the music and print the booklet, but that
just isn't the same).

Bianca

Georg wrote:

> I think, because they were asking what the internet connection was,
> booster packs may involve no CD... and be download only. I do not know
> how that effects importation.

Seems to me they ask that every time and when you register too. I doubt it
has anything to do with how they are going to distribute it. I dbout Maxis
is foolish enough to mess with what has been successful thus far.

Gareeth

On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 23:41:11 GMT, Georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>I think, because they were asking what the internet connection was,
>booster packs may involve no CD... and be download only. I do not know
>how that effects importation.

Actually, they ask that question in virtually every online survey!
Just to cover their bases. Future reference and marketing practices.

>I do know they did this successfully with several of the EQ expansions-
>and most of the non-English speakers had serious trouble getting
>expansions and support for the game.

Sweet. Then hopefully with a creditcard anyone could buy it online,
not just americans. Not that I think Maxis would make the enormous
blunder of limiting themselves like that.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo