jeff77789

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
Okay im the only one who's gonna give you a straight answer: They are the SAME!!!!!
Unless u REALLY care about brand they give the same results and the intel 975 is the one who soars above the rest and offers EXTREME performance but in the end, AMD is cheaper and can also deliver the goods.

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
It really depends on individual needs , for an average everyday user either company is fine synthetic benchmarks mean nothing to people who don't even take advantage of such numbers in the real world, for gamers it also depends because realistically speaking the gpu is the main thing for a gamer even moreso than a cpu, for a power user or someoone that is used to very cpu intensive tasks then it depends on budget......but i have found that things in the computer world are very cyclical,there was a time wehn amd dominated the performance race, back when the pentium lll was getting vicously spanked by most amd chips then the p4 came out but amd was still the better overall chip,then the core 2 chips came out and intel dominated again for a long time until amd caught up with the phenom ll's,now we have the nehalem processors coming out and intel is on top again while amd is the price to performance king.....they switch back and forth all the time so you can't really pick one lol

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
The flame usually doesn't start until cryslayer shows up and spits something like, "Phenom II walks all over i7 in gaming you stupid noob! God, intel fanboys never learn."

In time...

jamac666

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
AMD are far superiour to intel!
Why?
The phenom II X4 965 = £130
The best i7 = £400+

The AMD proccessor is more powerful, faster and is a third of the price!