What Should I Upgrade?

I am looking to upgrade my PC, but I am not entirely sure what would produce the best results.

Here's the specs!

AMD Athlon 64 X2 @ 3.1 ghz
ATI Radeon 4830 @ 645/1920 mhz
ECS NForce9m-a Motherboard - Random crap mobo... But she gets the job done mighty fine!
4GB OCZ 1066 Dual Channel Ram - 32 bit OS so upgrading here wont do too much for me.
I have no idea what speed my HDD is, I know its a sata and thats about it! Pulled it from an emachine.

I am thinking i will either upgrade my CPU to a phenom x4, or get a 4870 since they are so dang cheap all the sudden! What would be the most notic-able upgrade between the two?
3 answers Last reply
More about what upgrade
  1. well it depends are you a heavy gamer? What resolution do you play at
  2. I game fairly often. Would like to eventually upgrade to a 20-22 in. Monitor. I am gaming @ either 1280x1024 or 1024x768 at the moment.
  3. Well it's limited by whatever socket your mobo has. If it's AM2 you can stick some Phenoms in there but not sure you'd see THAT big a difference. You could always go the route I did and actually build a computer :) Pick out a nice new mobo and get yourself into another brand of cpu or something. I went for an I7 920 from Intel and am pretty happy w/ it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems