Service Manual

I want to rfeplace the HDD for a SSD in my Packard Bell EasyNote Butterfly S-FN-055 and looking for
the service manual. Is there anyone who can help me with that??

Email: joels@ziggo.nl

Thanks,
Harold++
7 answers Last reply
More about service manual
  1. Your laptop use standard 2.5 inch 9.5 mm sata drive. You can access the drive by unscrewing the hard disk cover at the bottom. See pictures here:

    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-PackardBell-EasyNote-Butterfly-s-Notebook.18390.0.html

    Make sure you work in a well lit area with a hard sturdy surface and keep the screws in a safe place. Turn off laptop, remove power pack and battery and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds. Ground yourself by touching metal surface. Also use screw drive that fit well, you don't want to strip the screws.
  2. Pyree said:
    Your laptop use standard 2.5 inch 9.5 mm sata drive. You can access the drive by unscrewing the hard disk cover at the bottom. See pictures here:

    http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-PackardBell-EasyNote-Butterfly-s-Notebook.18390.0.html

    Make sure you work in a well lit area with a hard sturdy surface and keep the screws in a safe place. Turn off laptop, remove power pack and battery and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds. Ground yourself by touching metal surface. Also use screw drive that fit well, you don't want to strip the screws.


    Thanks, but this is not the Butterfly S that I have. I have the S-FN-055. With a "normal" notebook it is very easy to replace the HDD.
  3. Ok can you take good pictures of the laptop with angle on botton, keyboard, front, side and back? Upload it, I cannot find a service menu for the exact model. The picture will help to identify where the HDD is. I thought that EasyNote Butterfly is the model and S-FN-055 is the version. Usually same model share same chassis and parts are interchangeable.
  4. Pyree said:
    Ok can you take good pictures of the laptop with angle on botton, keyboard, front, side and back? Upload it, I cannot find a service menu for the exact model. The picture will help to identify where the HDD is. I thought that EasyNote Butterfly is the model and S-FN-055 is the version. Usually same model share same chassis and parts are interchangeable.


    Please mail me at: joels@ziggo.nl and I will forward you some pictures.
    Thanks,
    Harold++
  5. Just use photo upload service and place the link here.
  6. Pyree said:
    Just use photo upload service and place the link here.

    Where can I find photo upload service??
  7. Just use photobucket, flickr or tinypic
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Packard Bell Easynote Storage