Sign in with
Your question

Service Manual

Last response: in Storage
July 13, 2011 8:29:30 AM

I want to rfeplace the HDD for a SSD in my Packard Bell EasyNote Butterfly S-FN-055 and looking for
the service manual. Is there anyone who can help me with that??

Email: joels@ziggo.nl

Thanks,
Harold++

More about : service manual

a b G Storage
July 13, 2011 8:47:21 AM

Your laptop use standard 2.5 inch 9.5 mm sata drive. You can access the drive by unscrewing the hard disk cover at the bottom. See pictures here:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-PackardBell-EasyNot...

Make sure you work in a well lit area with a hard sturdy surface and keep the screws in a safe place. Turn off laptop, remove power pack and battery and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds. Ground yourself by touching metal surface. Also use screw drive that fit well, you don't want to strip the screws.
July 15, 2011 6:44:27 AM

Pyree said:
Your laptop use standard 2.5 inch 9.5 mm sata drive. You can access the drive by unscrewing the hard disk cover at the bottom. See pictures here:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-PackardBell-EasyNot...

Make sure you work in a well lit area with a hard sturdy surface and keep the screws in a safe place. Turn off laptop, remove power pack and battery and hold the power button for at least 5 seconds. Ground yourself by touching metal surface. Also use screw drive that fit well, you don't want to strip the screws.

Thanks, but this is not the Butterfly S that I have. I have the S-FN-055. With a "normal" notebook it is very easy to replace the HDD.
Related resources
a b G Storage
July 15, 2011 8:46:26 AM

Ok can you take good pictures of the laptop with angle on botton, keyboard, front, side and back? Upload it, I cannot find a service menu for the exact model. The picture will help to identify where the HDD is. I thought that EasyNote Butterfly is the model and S-FN-055 is the version. Usually same model share same chassis and parts are interchangeable.
July 15, 2011 1:06:01 PM

Pyree said:
Ok can you take good pictures of the laptop with angle on botton, keyboard, front, side and back? Upload it, I cannot find a service menu for the exact model. The picture will help to identify where the HDD is. I thought that EasyNote Butterfly is the model and S-FN-055 is the version. Usually same model share same chassis and parts are interchangeable.

Please mail me at: joels@ziggo.nl and I will forward you some pictures.
Thanks,
Harold++
a b G Storage
July 15, 2011 1:38:43 PM

Just use photo upload service and place the link here.
July 19, 2011 1:12:50 PM

Pyree said:
Just use photo upload service and place the link here.

Where can I find photo upload service??
a b G Storage
July 20, 2011 1:26:32 AM

Just use photobucket, flickr or tinypic
!