Sign in with
Your question
Solved

No program list's my GPU temp ( HD radeon 4200 )

Last response: in Overclocking
December 4, 2011 10:46:04 PM

Yes I know the card sucks.

I'm not really a gamer, but I have found one game that I enjoy recently and it runs pretty well, but since it's a competitive game I'd like to overclock it a bit to get it to run smoothly.

Problem is no program will list my GPU temperature so that I can stress test it. AMD overdrive doesn't. Afterburn doesn't. Spaccy doesn't & HWmonitor doesn't.

My drivers on the card aren't the lastest because whenever I tried to update them, then try to overclock it crashes my computer. Do I need the latest drivers to read GPU temp? Because if so... it's kind of catch 22. Don't really need temp read outs if I can't overclock :( 

Here is a picture of my HWmonitor read out for some kind of reference I guess :o 

Best solution

a c 107 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 5, 2011 12:06:54 AM

a 4200 is an onboard card and is on the boards chipset. so the chipset temperatures will show the cards temperature. Only some boards allow overclocking of this GPU.
December 5, 2011 12:16:58 AM

How do I check chipset temperatures, and once there how do I recognize which is the GPU?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 5, 2011 12:41:35 AM

GimmeSammich said:
How do I check chipset temperatures, and once there how do I recognize which is the GPU?

You may not be able to monitor chipset temp because not all motherboards supports that feature . For overclocking the IGP you may look into the BIOS if there's any option which allows that. It cant be overclocked by using software's...........
m
l
a c 107 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 5, 2011 12:54:05 AM

On many boards hwmon calls a motherboard temperature chipset. Try to run a game and when done, go see how far the motherboard temperature rose(it will save a max temp for you). should give you an idea.
m
l
December 5, 2011 2:28:37 AM

spp85 said:
You may not be able to monitor chipset temp because not all motherboards supports that feature . For overclocking the IGP you may look into the BIOS if there's any option which allows that. It cant be overclocked by using software's...........

Hmm well I used AMD overdrive to overclock it some I think. From 500/400 to about 650/600. I mean my original score on 3D vantage was 250 & after using AMD OD it was about 325

I'm running an HP ( I know ) so I don't think Bios overclocking is an option. AMD OD won't let me overclock the CPU either :( 
m
l
December 5, 2011 2:37:52 AM

nukemaster said:
On many boards hwmon calls a motherboard temperature chipset. Try to run a game and when done, go see how far the motherboard temperature rose(it will save a max temp for you). should give you an idea.

Will do, thanks!
m
l
a c 107 U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 5, 2011 12:53:16 PM

GimmeSammich said:
I'm running an HP ( I know ) so I don't think Bios overclocking is an option. AMD OD won't let me overclock the CPU either :( 

Yup, Not going to see OC options in the bios for an HP system :) 

If the system has a PCI-E slot(most do), you can get a dedicated video card in the future(just nothing over what the current power supply can handle).
m
l
December 16, 2011 5:45:18 PM

Best answer selected by gimmesammich.
m
l
!