GA-X58A-UD3R + windows7

udiv

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
Hi
I just buy this mother board (GA-X58A-UD3R), I have only one Hard drive (samsung F3 connected with the CD to the ICH10r), so I don't need raid, so it set to IDE(as default)
I leave all the settings as default,
when I try to install windows 7 64 bit it ask me for "Select a driver to be install" no meter what I try and choose it keeps saying: "no new devices has could be found etc'.."
What should I do?

Thanks in advance,
Udi.

Rogue77777

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
Are you saying that you are using to IDE devices (one hard drive & one cd-rom drive). If so, make sure your hard drive is connected to the end of the cable & te cd-rom in the middle. Also make sure your hard is set to master & the cd'rom is set to slave.
If you are using two sata devices, plug your hard drive in sata-0 & your cd-rom in sata-1.
Also make sure that both devices are being detected. you can always hit the pause key on your key and then hit enter to continue booting up.

scroft

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
There is jumper setting's on the back of the IDE drive, usually they have the Master, Slave and Cable select written above the jumpers or a little diagram on the HDD's sticker. :) Hope that helps u