Sign in with
Your question

GA-X58A-UD3R + windows7

Last response: in Motherboards
March 4, 2010 8:08:54 AM

Hi
I just buy this mother board (GA-X58A-UD3R), I have only one Hard drive (samsung F3 connected with the CD to the ICH10r), so I don't need raid, so it set to IDE(as default)
I leave all the settings as default,
when I try to install windows 7 64 bit it ask me for "Select a driver to be install" no meter what I try and choose it keeps saying: "no new devices has could be found etc'.."
What should I do?

Thanks in advance,
Udi.

More about : x58a ud3r windows7

March 4, 2010 1:17:57 PM

Are you saying that you are using to IDE devices (one hard drive & one cd-rom drive). If so, make sure your hard drive is connected to the end of the cable & te cd-rom in the middle. Also make sure your hard is set to master & the cd'rom is set to slave.
If you are using two sata devices, plug your hard drive in sata-0 & your cd-rom in sata-1.
Also make sure that both devices are being detected. you can always hit the pause key on your key and then hit enter to continue booting up.
March 4, 2010 1:33:48 PM

how do I set to master/slave?
Related resources
March 4, 2010 7:11:08 PM

There is jumper setting's on the back of the IDE drive, usually they have the Master, Slave and Cable select written above the jumpers or a little diagram on the HDD's sticker. :)  Hope that helps u
March 5, 2010 8:18:32 AM

I know how to do it on old drivers
but how to do it on sata drivers
there no jumper...
!