Sign in with
Your question

WD 1TB UnCorrectable Sector Count

Last response: in Storage
a b G Storage
July 13, 2011 7:28:49 PM

I used "CrystalDiskInfo 3.10.0" and on the Health Status, It said Caution and when I scroll down on the Attribute Name to the Uncorrectable Sector Count and the ID is C6... On the Raw values, it has 1 or 000000000001 Raw Values.. the Worst is 200 and the Current is 200 and Threshold is 0... How do I solve this problem because I used CheckDisk and It did a complete check plus I also used CCleaner to Swipe Emty Space and it did... How do I solve this Caution Problem so it show good and With any Yellow???

More about : 1tb uncorrectable sector count

July 13, 2011 8:38:40 PM

It can't be solved because it is talking about the system information on your hard drive. If your hard drive is still working fine, just let it run. Back up your data more often.
m
l
a b G Storage
July 14, 2011 1:25:26 AM

jpidata said:
It can't be solved because it is talking about the system information on your hard drive. If your hard drive is still working fine, just let it run. Back up your data more often.

What you mean it cant be solved? Can I do a Clean format/Full format of the hard drive and reinstall Windows? About few month ago, it was crashing and IDK if it was a file i downloaded and i did not OC anything, i also reinstall windows over 7 times but did not solve problem... I than do a full format on hard drive and it worked fine and than there's this Caution on my Crystal Disk Info with Uncorrectable Sector Count... I Wonder if that's the cause of the Crash that happen over hundreds of time when i didn't do a full format... BTW When i did a full format, it wasn't complete and was about 40% complete and i turned off because i tho it was enough to delete all the files and clean some sector... There's this Caution and im worry it'll built up from current 1 to 100 than 1000 in the next few years... Anyways to solve it because i dont want my HDD crashing because of this sector... Also my computer freeze few times and the last 3 month, it freezed(Not crash) like 2 times for no reason and i did not OC too, even if i did, i found what's stable for my CPU and RAM OC...
m
l
!