TOSHIBA LAPTOP SHUTDOWNS.!!!!!

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
May 22, 2004 10:05:03 PM

I have found 322 messages about Toshiba laptops shutting down
unexpectedly!! This seems to be an inherint problem in many models,
including Satellite 5005 series. HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THE PROBLEM? Has
Toshiba fixed the source?? I hear there is even a 'class action suit'
against Toshiba on this subject. ANY INFO APPRECIATED. Please respond
in this Newsgroup. <--------- Thanks..
May 23, 2004 5:55:57 AM

<me2@privacy.net> wrote in message

> I have found 322 messages about Toshiba laptops shutting down
> unexpectedly!! This seems to be an inherint problem in many models,
> including Satellite 5005 series. HAS ANYONE HEARD OF THE PROBLEM? Has
> Toshiba fixed the source?? I hear there is even a 'class action suit'
> against Toshiba on this subject. ANY INFO APPRECIATED. Please respond
> in this Newsgroup. <--------- Thanks..

The wifes Tecra S1 had suddenly shutdown a few times in the first few months
of getting it.

But after looking into the problem on newsgroups etc, it seemed to be common
(as you say) and that the fix is to download the latest BIOS firmware.
Since doing this there has been no more sudden shutdowns.

I don't think the shutdowns were due to heat as even now the fan rarely
kicks in.
May 24, 2004 11:36:20 PM

Here is a website to visit. Hope this is helpful

http://www.tenprise.com/toshiba.html