Reanimation

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
Ok, So it is my first computer build, and a little confused on something. I have the Antec 900, which is going to house some WD Caviar Black 640GB Harddrives. Now, the problem is, they are OEM, so do I need to get mounts as well, or will the case be fine without them? I am sure once they get here, I will be able to see for myself, but would like to have all the parts ready to go once the drives arrive in a few days. I am sure this is a stupid question, but just want to be sure on everything!

- C

Solution
The Antec Nine Hundred case comes with two internal 3.5 inch drive cages that fit inside the drive bays. They can hold three hard drives each. The stock photos you see at vendor web sites don't show them very clearly but they are there.
The Antec Nine Hundred case comes with two internal 3.5 inch drive cages that fit inside the drive bays. They can hold three hard drives each. The stock photos you see at vendor web sites don't show them very clearly but they are there.

Solution

LePhuronn

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2007
With very few exceptions, it's the case that supports the hard drives so you don't need to get any special adapters for standard-size hard drives.

SSDs and laptop hard drives are a different matter as they're only 2.5 inches