Fan or Fanless for Non Gamer

robbyk49

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Hey guys Love the forum...So much info i finally had to join :D

Question:

I'm looking to buy a video card specifically for dual monitors (dual dvi). I'm building a brand new machine specifically for Audio Production.No gaming. My concern is noise level and efficiency. I don't wanna buy a video card that will chew up tones of useless power or buy a video card which will be screaming in my case for no reason

I'm willing to go either fan or fan less design.

FAN: it has to be at least quiet and effective also dual dvi.
Fanless: with dual dvi

I was looking at the ASUS GeForce 9600GT Silent.But the thing is a giant,power hungry and it an overkill for me.

Ive been debating on the EVGA E-GEFORCE 9500GT 550MHZ 512MB which has dual dvi and is small and from what people are saying its relatively quiet.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations on any video cards.

Thanks in advance

Do n't some of the newer motherboards support dual monitors through their integrated graphics?
If not the 9400 linked to by Mousemonkey would be fine, just make sure your case of choice has some airflow to the card.

EDIT: Where are you? Not evey card can be found worldwide!

robbyk49

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
i live in Canada and i was just looking at that card and i definitely cannot find it here. My case is cm690 with 4 scythe sflex fans so airflow and quietness is not a problem at the moment.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161274

i was just looking at the HIS...It has dual DVI which my monitors i just purchased have.(they also have vga) If i didn't go dual dvi. Would there be any substantial difference going one dvi and the other vga?

9500 or 9400 and a 9400 w/DVI & HDMI all in Canada.

robbyk49

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Awesome...How are the temps on the HIS?...Im very interested in that card

Would i see any difference if i went with a card with a vga and dvi output.The monitors i do have support both but id prefer to go both dvi

TRENDING THREADS