Pollie #9 and son infant skins

It is mentioned in this thread...

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70348

That the game crashes when offspring of Pollination Technician #9 are born
because..."The maxis mannequin skin has no skin for infants, so it will
cause the game to crash on birth"

As none of my sims ever got abducted I am wondering if anyone could direct
me to an infant alien skin that would match the Maxis originals of #9 and
his son because between them they have managed to inseminate the entire of
strangeville .... and I've had my first birth and yes it crashed at birth.

Ern

Linda

"Ern & Bella Station" <donNOSPAMdorrigo@thotmail.com> wrote in message
> It is mentioned in this thread...
>
> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70348
>
> That the game crashes when offspring of Pollination Technician #9 are
> born because..."The maxis mannequin skin has no skin for infants, so it
> will cause the game to crash on birth"
>
> As none of my sims ever got abducted I am wondering if anyone could direct
> me to an infant alien skin that would match the Maxis originals of #9 and
> his son because between them they have managed to inseminate the entire of
> strangeville .... and I've had my first birth and yes it crashed at
> birth.
>
> Ern

pollie number 9 has offspring in my game but children are not alien babies,
instead baby looks like mother. I have had an alien baby though so it must
be possible.

I've not heard that particular one before although sometimes births do crash
because of missing parts from skins - my personal theory is that something
changed with University. There are two reasons. First because some pre-uni
skins do have parts missing, I know because I've been correcting all my skin
tones. Secondly, because there was an acknowledged bug that had a baby skin
that mapped wrongly giving the baby a third eye. I think this happened
because something was missing from the skin (the baby face) and the game,
pre-uni, would simply substitute another graphic which, in that case, didn't
map the same. OTOH, there can be a problem with the genetics in that Maxis
characters (PT9 included) often have only one set when most sims have two,
as they inherited one each from their parents (though newly created CAS sims
also only have one set). I'm wondering in this case, if when there's a part
missing from a skin, there's nothing to substitute and that's one cause of a
crash.

Anyway, what you might do is simply find one of the substitute default
skins. There are two that I know of. One at Allan Akbar's and one by
Duddly but there are bound to be more. Be warned though, these are not the
mannequin skins but are 'genetically correct' - i.e. they've got bits
painted on. AFAIK, no-one has ever made a default mannequin alien skin
because it's already in the game and there's no need to. You should ask
georg here about alien births - she doesn't seem to have any problem with
them and she's had lots and lots (and lots). You might check out Pescado's
bad birth fix at More Awesome Than You - I can't remember what he said it
was about now - oh, something about forcing the game to use the genetic
material that was available if it ran into problems. It doesn't fix the
problem, I think, but bypasses it; it means that the game can create a new
sim baby with what it has. Finally, if you do use the substitute skins you
will probably need to go into the lot of your alien and then exit again,
saving the game, so that the sim changes to the new default - at least it
should work that way. You can always tell if it's worked because the sim
acquires body hair in the bath. If you prefer the non-hairy mannequin
skins, I think your only option is the hack.

Make sure you understand the difference between default (skins which will
replace the original Maxis skins - they won't delete them, just be
substituted for them) and genetic skins (custom skins).

Duddly
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=30836
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=43646
(There's also a default mesh here for the men)

Allan Akbar
http://sims2.mine.nu/

Pescado
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/alpha/

You might also find this thread useful
http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/showthread.php?t=1671&highlight=bad+birth+fix

Best wishes
maxon

Maxon wrote:
> You should ask
> georg here about alien births - she doesn't seem to have any problem with
> them and she's had lots and lots (and lots).

I've had zero trouble with alien skin tones- but I've also never
downloaded more polinator techs or any skin tones at all.

-georg

Linda (or others)
Has your game ever crashed at birth when the father was PT#9?
Did the alien baby come about other than from alien abduction?

Ern

Ern & Bella Station wrote:
> Linda (or others)
> Has your game ever crashed at birth when the father was PT#9?
> Did the alien baby come about other than from alien abduction?

I only have the Polinator Tech. He has no number. Have bred aliens,
abducted to get aliens, and used tombstone of life and death to make
alien pregnant and pregnant by other person who happens to be alien.

-georg

Thanks Max! theres a bit more reading!

The way I figure it after looking in my logs folder is that the baby
offspring between PT#9 and created character wants a particular skin that
doesn't exist in the game and no substitute is used. Probably accounts for
why I read that all children of PT#9 and Johnny Smith look like the mother.

Ern

> [...]
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>

> "Ern & Bella Station" <donNOSPAMdorrigo@thotmail.com> wrote in message
>> It is mentioned in this thread...
>>
>> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70348
>>
>> That the game crashes when offspring of Pollination Technician #9 are
> born
>> because..."The maxis mannequin skin has no skin for infants, so it will
>> cause the game to crash on birth"
>>
>> As none of my sims ever got abducted I am wondering if anyone could
>> direct
>> me to an infant alien skin that would match the Maxis originals of #9 and
>> his son because between them they have managed to inseminate the entire
>> of
>> strangeville .... and I've had my first birth and yes it crashed at

Pollinator Technician #9 is in the Smith House in Strangeville. He is the
father of Johnny Smith and the two Alien girls in the Singles household.

Ern & Bella Station wrote:
> Pollinator Technician #9 is in the Smith House in Strangeville. He is the
> father of Johnny Smith and the two Alien girls in the Singles household.

Ah, that explains it. Thank you.

I have only played in my own neighborhoods.

-georg

But when your sims get abducted by aliens, PT9 is the father (of all of
them) AFAIK.

Best wishes
maxon

Maxon wrote:
> But when your sims get abducted by aliens, PT9 is the father (of all of
> them) AFAIK.

It doesn't say #9. Just PT. It is always the same PT, though. IT may be
a clone of him.

-georg

Well, I'll take your word for it - you are the alien queen after all!!

Best

> Maxon wrote:
> > But when your sims get abducted by aliens, PT9 is the father (of all of
> > them) AFAIK.
>
> It doesn't say #9. Just PT. It is always the same PT, though. IT may be
> a clone of him.
>
> -georg

"Ern & Bella Station" <donNOSPAMdorrigo@thotmail.com> wrote in message
> It is mentioned in this thread...
>
> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70348
>
> That the game crashes when offspring of Pollination Technician #9 are
> born because..."The maxis mannequin skin has no skin for infants, so it
> will cause the game to crash on birth"

Poll Tech #9 has 12 children in my game, and his son has two, and I've never
had it crash at birth. None of those Poll Tech kids have the green skin, and
I had been lead to believe it's because Poll Tech isn't a "natural" alien -
that he is genetically black but Maxis have applied a green skin.

"Whogus the Whatsler" <who@what.sler> wrote in message

> "Ern & Bella Station" <donNOSPAMdorrigo@thotmail.com> wrote in message
>> It is mentioned in this thread...
>>
>> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=70348
>>
>> That the game crashes when offspring of Pollination Technician #9
>> are born because..."The maxis mannequin skin has no skin for infants,
>> so it will cause the game to crash on birth"
>
> Poll Tech #9 has 12 children in my game, and his son has two, and I've
> never had it crash at birth. None of those Poll Tech kids have the
> green skin, and I had been lead to believe it's because Poll Tech
> isn't a "natural" alien - that he is genetically black but Maxis have
> applied a green skin.

I've noticed that - I've tried to have children between PT9 and Jenny
Smith, and they are always black with red or blonde hair. Never crashed
when they are born, though.

--
Anne Onimos
http://notinsaneyet.blogspot.com