Mar 4, 2010
Hi, I have 2 sticks of corsair dominator DDR2 1GB, its tech specs are
pc8500
5-5-5-15
and i also have 2 sticks of OCZ DDR2 2GB witch are:
pc8500
5-5-5-18
both of them also work at 2.1V.
Ive been trying to get the to work together in order to obtain 6gb ram on my pc however my pc wont boot with al 4 sticks, i understand that the latencies must match all 4 sticks in order for this to work and so i went into de bios and set all latencies to 5-5-5-18 thus slowing down the corsairs and still it wont boot, then i tried overclocking the ocz sticks to obtain 5-5-5-15 and i managed to do this but again, if i insert all four sticks together, the computer wont boot, it does turn on but the "ok beep" of the post never comes... is there any other reason why they might not be working together?
My motherboard is a Gigabyte ep45-DS3R if that matters.
thanks in advance!

Koshka1

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
UPDATE: I flashed the bios to a newer version and now when I place all 4 sticks together, the computer does boot, it gets out of the post fine, however it freezes as soon as windows starts loading, hoping someone can help now, any suggestions?

Koshka1

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
another update: I dont know what happened but now the system wont boot with all four sticks, I get lots of small beeps as an error code, witch according to my motherboard mean power error... any help would be appreciated