ATI HDMI - Potential Audio Crackle...?

wsiono

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
Hello :),
I recently built / upgraded a computer, and all seemed splendid until i installed Unreal Tournament 2004...
I am guessing that game is only suggesting a potential conflict, or issue, and not so much the source of the aforementioned...
Upon loading the game, there was audio, though it would crackle, pop, etc...
The crackling ceases when i adjust the audio driver / audio to "safe mode" (there is 3d audio, EAX, etc...)
So...

REFORMAT...

The video card i installed was a Radeon 4870 1gb, and after installing the default motherboard audio drivers (sorry if this is becoming needlessly convoluted...) there is a device in the device manager that is referring to
ATI HDMI Audio Device...
I have downloaded the driver from the AMD Support site ( http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/pages/hdmi_xp.aspx?&lang=English ), and the crackling audio SEEMS to be pertinent to the installation of the ATI HDMI Drivers...

I have been doing research on these, and am finding some difficulties in finding much pertinent information thus far in my endeavors...

SO : TL;DR Rendition...

I am experience audio cracking and popping which seems to occur after the installation of ATI HDMI Drivers, if anyone could offer some pertinent information on this, it would be much appreciated...

wsiono

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2009
i've been searching these forums a bit, and it might potentially be of assistance to mention that i'm utilizing XP pro, 32bit, and am currently not using a HDMI Monitor...
Thanks again : ) . . .