/ Sign-up
Your question

Monitor Display is Concave on either side

  • Tuner Cards
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
  • Displays
Last response: in Displays
October 2, 2009 1:49:46 AM

Sampo 17 inch AlphaScan 711

More about : monitor display concave side

October 9, 2009 9:15:51 AM

Could you post a picture showing what's happening exactly, so that we have a better idea of what your problem is?
a b C Monitor
October 9, 2009 7:25:22 PM

Sounds like Pincushion distortion in which the straight sides of a square are distorted inward towards the center, leaving the corners pointed out like a stuffed cushion. It is, in a way, a "negative" or "opposite" of Barrel distortion, in which the straight sides are bulged out like a wooden barrel. Go into your monitor's menu (buttons on your monitor, not in Windows) and look for a control to adjust barrel distortion or pincushion distortion. Sometimes there is no word label - just a picture of a distorted square.