I changed my C:/ drive to D:/ drive and now my desktop is messed up, how do I ch

believenstyle

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
I can still access the "Desktop" folder in the D:/ drive and view my old shortcuts and files, however when I load up windows my desktop is messed up, and I get the erorr:
C:/ Desktop refers to a location that is unavailable. It could be a hard drive on this computer, or on a network. Check to make sure that the disk is properly inserted, or that you are connected to the internet or your network, and then try again. If it still cannot be located, the information may have been moved to a different location.

I understand I did move the information, so I'm wondering how do I change the destination path for my actual desktop to the new desktop folder location so it loads properly?

sonexpc

Honorable
Feb 20, 2012
The is not a poper way to do the things... because all your Desktop stuff still refer to C: whhich is not actually on C: any more....

Are you install a New OS in C: and move you Old HD as D:.....

You nee dto give more detail

believenstyle

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012

Whoops, I messed up in my description! My OS is installed on a separate SSD, registered as the C: and I have a separate HDD formatted into two separate partitions, the the E: drive, which I now changed to D: for media, and a separate F: drive for games