Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Chipset Drivers?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 6, 2011 5:08:52 PM

Oki i have an Asus P5N-T Deluxe.. nvidia 780i chipset..

Asus doesnt put out any new drivers for years on this and none for Windows 7..

my first question is..

a. how do i find what driver version i have

b. should i just install drivers from nvidia nforce 780

c. how do i uninstall old drivers? i cannot find them!

More about : chipset drivers

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b \ Driver
a b Î Nvidia
a b K Overclocking
December 6, 2011 5:24:55 PM

Vista drivers will work for Windows 7. Just get the right 32 or 64 bit for your operating system.

You can see your current driver version under device manager. That said, Windows 7 already has drivers for most of your system.

Getting your 780i drivers from nvidia.com is the best bet. If windows installed its own drivers, there will be no need to uninstall. If you installed them, they should be under Add/Remove programs in the control panel.
m
l
December 6, 2011 6:52:43 PM

nukemaster said:
Vista drivers will work for Windows 7. Just get the right 32 or 64 bit for your operating system.

You can see your current driver version under device manager. That said, Windows 7 already has drivers for most of your system.

Getting your 780i drivers from nvidia.com is the best bet. If windows installed its own drivers, there will be no need to uninstall. If you installed them, they should be under Add/Remove programs in the control panel.

cause im a moron.. under device manager where will the spot be to find out which driver version i have...

wish CPUID would just make it easy like it does everything else lol
m
l
Related resources
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b \ Driver
a b Î Nvidia
a b K Overclocking
December 6, 2011 8:58:30 PM

If you right click the device and check the driver tab. The date of the driver is also listed.

Gives you an idea what it will look like...
m
l
December 7, 2011 1:01:58 PM

nukemaster said:
If you right click the device and check the driver tab. The date of the driver is also listed.

Gives you an idea what it will look like...
http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/6029/driverm.gif

yea i knew that.. but not sure where the chipset driver would be.. and under which section.. display would be nvidia graphics.. but nots sure chipset.. there is the controller under network but that has a date that corresponds with none of the chipset driver dates... and a date that i know is older than my last update

also under uninstall nothing about nforce drivers on control panel

thx
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b \ Driver
a b Î Nvidia
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2011 1:15:35 PM

Not all drivers are updated at the same time. Even chipset driver packages can have drivers from different times(Many ATI cards have newer Video drivers then the HDMI Audio driver. Both came in one package).

Chipset drivers will show up under System devices/Display(for onboard video/IDE and even scsi), but there are many things that are a part of the chipset. There are also non chipset items in that location as well. Effectively chipset drivers update many things(pci-e controller/pci bus/SATA controllers, even if they show up if a different location.). All those things are inside the chipset.

If you have no uninstall option, you have default drivers included with windows. For most users this is not an issue.

If you have a problem with a certain device not working(no sound or network) then you go look for drivers.

Your chipset and video drivers are on the Nvidia website.
m
l
December 7, 2011 7:46:29 PM

cool thx... yea i updated chipset drivers but still not uninstallable.. o well.. nvidia says they now suggest to install over and not uninstall so i guess that cool anyways

also.. cause you have been so helpful.. when i first updated to Windows 7 64 bit from Windows XP 32 bit i was told on these forums to download Marvel Raid drivers. Would the chipset drivers I downloaded interfere with those cause isnt RAID drivers invovled with SATA? Should i uninstall the Marvel stuff?
m
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
a b \ Driver
a b Î Nvidia
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2011 8:12:02 PM

There are 2 Marvel devices on your board.

Your lan card and your E-SATA port.

When a company makes a board, they use the chipset SATA ports, but sometimes that is not enough or lacks features they want.

For instance, My Maximus Gene-z has 6 sata ports from Intel and the last 2 are from a 3rd party maker(I think it is Marvel as well)

You do not have to do anything to the Marvel drivers.
December 14, 2011 1:19:06 PM

Best answer selected by angry12345.
m
l
!