Help me to choose what graphic card fit best with p5kpl-am

Kudabalap

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
hey guys, could u help me pls?
i wanna ask u what graphic cards fit my MB asus p5kpl-am best?
ati 4770 gddr5, nvidia 9600gt, 9800gt or perhaps 4670
since P5kpl-am pcie 1.0 i confused to choose best card to avoid bottleneck. btw my pc spec are :
asus p5kpl-am
E7300 2.667 Ghz
2 Gb ram x 1 vgen
corsair 450vx

hope u'd reply this as fast as possible.. Thanks a lot

sorry for my english

Solution
Yes, that card will have no problem running on PCI-E 1.0. Only the most robust cards absolutely require 2.0 for full performance.

All systems have "Bottlenecks". CPu and GPU are always playing a balancing act, CPU is more than fast enough to supply a GPU, and the CPU becomes the "bottleneck". In reality, it is not a negative thing, just a matter of fact. If a CPU is not slow enough to hamper the videocard, and the videocard is the "bottleneck". Again, not a bad thing, every system must go one way or another. Upgrade one, and the other becomes the limitting factor.

Don't worry about it too much, your dual core will match to the 4770 nicely.

Kudabalap

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009

thnx for ur reply,, but is it ok to combine 4770 with pcie 1.0 motherboard? could it run at max performance? im afraid my rig could experience bottleneck bcos my cpu is only e7300

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
Yes, that card will have no problem running on PCI-E 1.0. Only the most robust cards absolutely require 2.0 for full performance.

All systems have "Bottlenecks". CPu and GPU are always playing a balancing act, CPU is more than fast enough to supply a GPU, and the CPU becomes the "bottleneck". In reality, it is not a negative thing, just a matter of fact. If a CPU is not slow enough to hamper the videocard, and the videocard is the "bottleneck". Again, not a bad thing, every system must go one way or another. Upgrade one, and the other becomes the limitting factor.

Don't worry about it too much, your dual core will match to the 4770 nicely.

Solution