PROBLEMS DELETING FOLDERS IN WINDOWS EXPLORER

August 7, 2004 6:07:11 PM

I am having problems deleting folders in XP. I have many folders that
have subfolders and files in them. When I am finished with them I
normally just select them in windows explorer and hit the delete key.
However lately I am unable to do that. I get this error message.....

Error Signature:

AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: shell32.dll
ModVer: 6.0.2800.1556 Offset: 00046983

When this happens all the icons on the desktop dissapear and then they
come back. The only way that I have been successful in deleting is to
go into the sub folders individually and delete the files first then
the sub folders then the main folder.
Is there a fix for this?
Thanks in Advance
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 6:07:12 PM

I can't help you with your problem but when your icons
disappear its just the desktop refreshing. You can do
this mannually and sometimes the computer does it most
often when a problem occurs in windows explorer. At least
in my experience.
!