Solved

Air cooler for LGA 1155

Hi, I'm looking for an air cooler at give or take $50. The air cooler has to be for LGA 1155, and overclocking is not important to me (ironic it's under the category Overclocking). The only reason it needs to be around $50 is because I want it under the H100, since if it is $80, I might as well jump for the H100 (That means the popular Noctua NH-D14 is out.) I have read a lot about the CM Hyper 212+, but I haven't read good reviews for it on Newegg. Any other suggestions? I am using a HAF 922 case.
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about cooler 1155
  1. Best answer
    If you are not overclocking why do you want an aftermarket cooler? The included Intel heatsink is sufficent for any stock CPU.

If you want something for ~$50 that is better than a Hyper 212 take a look at the Scythe Mugen 3. Scythe coolers are known for their low noise as well. My Mugen 2 is nearly silent.
  2. Best answer selected by d4rkr4in.
  3. anort3 said:
    If you are not overclocking why do you want an aftermarket cooler? The included Intel heatsink is sufficent for any stock CPU.

If you want something for ~$50 that is better than a Hyper 212 take a look at the Scythe Mugen 3. Scythe coolers are known for their low noise as well. My Mugen 2 is nearly silent.

looks good, probably what I'm going to get. Thanks!
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Overclocking Cooling