NVIDIA 9600GT, Asus OC Gear Hardwareclocker

Fisken

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Hey,

I recently installed my OC Gear Hardwareclocker which I got when I bought the graphic card. I've had the card installed for a long time and it has been working really well.

When I installed the Smart Doctor Utility which was needed it showed that my GPU temperature were at 70 degrees celsius, and I didn't have any programs running (except for messenger and anti-virus). I thought this was a bit high, but I'm not into comp hardware so I guessed it was alright because a note in the Smart Doctor Utility said "Your VGA card is OK". Then I started running Aion (newly released game, crytek engine) and all of a sudden the smart doctor utility popped up and said "warning, your VGA card is overheated" and the degrees went around 80-93.

This apparently isn't how it's supposed to be. I turned down all the levels of the GPU, Shader and Memory lower than it was by default but it was still saying the card was overheated.

What I'm wondering is; has the OC Gear hardwareclocker something to do with this or is my graphic card simply overheated at all times? The smart doctor utility says my fan lvl is at 100% but my computer is so quiet (and i've installed extra fans) i'm also wondering if there is some way to increase the fan lvl of the graphic card

Thanks in advance

Fisken

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I installed nTune and i'm still around 90 degrees. Fan level is at max. I presume that this has been going for a while, but 90 degrees celsius is to much right?