CD rom wont fit in case? WTF!

slong

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
iv ordered a standard cd burner and the nzxt nemesis case but i cant get the cd rom to slide in for nothing.. frontwards or backwards it will not fit with rails on.. the rails wont slide unless im doing it wrong but i highly doubt i am.. maaybe there is a trick or something?

slong

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
lol no... im using the 5.25 rails that came with the case but it wont slide in from the front? all the pictures show it from the front but the front of the case was taken off? and from what i see it says nothing bout taking that off to get it in..

slong

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
OMFG i got it to fit, i had to take the face off which was easy but the manual said nothing bout having to but once i got the face off it slid perfectly in... thats gonna hurt my review FU NZXT!

cmichael138

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2008
Weird. I looked at the Nemesis Elite picture (doubt that's any different in terms of size) and can't see why you would need to remove the front either. What is the width of the drive bay and the width of the CD ROM drive?

Yeah, don't read the manuals. The terrible translations often do more harm than good, search the web to see what to do.

I also had a case where you had to reomve the front to get the DVD in. It was because they put little tabs on the front (I guess to secure the drive in). I thought it was kind of dumb, but no big deal.

slong

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
yea there was no screw holes to manually mount the drive without rails so you had no choice to mount via the rails. and the face of the case made the slot about half a cm to wide on both sides.. the rails hit on both sides more or less so after taking 5 seconds to remove the front it slid right in. getting all the other parts today so hopefully no more problems.. gotta install the HD might have to disassemble the entire thing haha :( the manual was an epic fail yes

Actually, the case manual DOES say to remove the front panel.
ss004p.jpg