MSCONFIG will not run

When I execute msconfig it flashes on the console and
then disappears..same dor regedit and also task manager

The computer was hit by a virus and I thought I got it
all out. But now I am not so sure

anyone have any ideas

Thanks

Greetings --

The type of behavior you describe is typical behavior of more than
one virus/worm, the three below being the most common:

W32.Klez
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.e@mm.html

W32.Yaha
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.yaha.c@mm.html

W32.Spybot.Worm
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm.html

Because many of the newer viruses and worms, such as the
Spybot mentioned above, can disable antivirus applications whose
definitions aren't kept up-to-date, try using one or more of the free
on-line scanners to double-check your system.

Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

McAfee Security - FreeScan
http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp

Panda ActiveScan - Free online scanner

Bruce Chambers
--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

having both at once. - RAH

"twosox" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I execute msconfig it flashes on the console and
> then disappears..same dor regedit and also task manager
>
> The computer was hit by a virus and I thought I got it
> all out. But now I am not so sure
>
> anyone have any ideas
>
> Thanks

Thanks,
How can I restore MSCONFIG,REGEDIT and TASKBAR...I have
my Windows XP Disk available...When I ran Norton on it it
did say I had the w32.spybot.worm so I deleted it like
suggested, but that did not work...I no longer have
norton on it nor am I hooked up to the internet, as It is
my daughters computer I am trying to fix...I cannot find
a removal tool for the worm either.

any additional ideas?

Thanks,
twosox

incipal.htm

>Bruce Chambers
>--
>Help us help you:
>http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>
>You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever
count on