Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Wireing problems

Last response: in Systems
Share
September 17, 2009 1:03:17 AM

I never thought it be this hard to build my own pc.Driven me nuts.I posted at other forums and they close my question before they even get answered.And the user Guides are not much help with case where you got a display on it.I starting to think I got the wrong case.And NZXT well not answer your question.I hoping this is my last stop,and someone here is a Computer Angel.
1.)Case-NEMESIS ELITE EDITION user's manual
http://www.nzxt.com/Download/EliteManual.pdf What I think the wires that given me the problem is the LCD display
LCD TEMERATURE CONTROLLER USER'S MANUAL
http://www.nzxt.com/Download/LCD_English.pdf

2.)My motherboard- MOTHERBOARD Asus M2N-SLI NForce 560
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4312/mvc027si.jpg

3.)OCZ GAMERXSTREAM POWER SUPPLY
http://www.ocztechnology.com/drivers/OCZGXS850.pdf


I would add my powersupply Manual here but i think any of the wires that given me the problem is not due to it.But I want to tell what powersupply I picked OCZ 850watts GamXStream power supply SLI Ready
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7783/oczpowersupply....

Ok now to the wires that given me problems.
1.)There 3 wires red/yellow/black they all have the same ends on them but one of them,has a different end on it.(Plug on the end should I say)
What I thinking there for is the fan.
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5016/2wirescpunoplacet...
One of the wire says HDD the other one says SYS the one with the different end on it says CPU.
2.)This wire has 2 plugs on it.One says AC'97 the other plug says HD audio on it
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/6686/ac97.jpg
Other plug says HD Audio
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/8381/hdaudiow.jpg

I am hoping there someone out here that knows alot about wiring up a computer case and a motherboard cause I sure could use your help
Thanks!

More about : wireing problems

September 17, 2009 1:27:07 AM

The wires in #1 are sensors for your display. They plug into 3 pin adapters on the motherboard. I believe on that board they can be plugged into the cha_fan ports on the board. There are 2 up front by the SATA ports.

The wire on #2 labeled ac '97 goes near the back of your motherboard by the audio ports. The motherboard port is labeled FP_Audio. The HD audio is only for motherboards that support it, which yours doesn't.


m
0
l
September 17, 2009 1:32:30 AM

Oh, thats not really as complex as you think. The 2 wires in the picture appear to have female molex connectors(a shot of the end would have been far more useful), and will plug directly into your PSU, they will run at full speed all the time. The one with the different end on it labeled CPU should plug into the CPU fan header on your mother board, read the manual to find its location.

Again, read the motherboard manual to see where you should connect the audio connection, if your motherboard supports HD audio use that one, if its an older board it may only support AC'97 in which case you would use that one.

In the future, read the manuals they were sent to you for a reason, use them, and dont post in all bold, it serves no point. Also be wayyy more descriptive of your issues, as im not sure where your wires are coming from so its hard to tell where they should go.
m
0
l
Related resources
September 17, 2009 1:39:06 AM

LCD Temperature Controller
Installing Fan Control
The Meter comes with three 3-pin transfer wires for the Front fan (HDD), Rear Fan (SYS), and CPU Fan. With the exception of the 12 cm side fan that uses a 4 pin molex connector, the remaining two fans use 3 pin connectors. Please attach the wires to the appropriate connectors.
Installing Fan Control onto the CPU Unit
1. Connect 3-pin connector CPU from Speed Control Unit to fan unit.
2. Attach 3-pin (Yellow Wire) connector to motherboard's Fan Header.
Installing Temperature Sensors
In order to attach the SENSOR wires, use the tape provided to attach them to the appropriate locations marked on the wires. The SYS sensor can be attached to your VGA card or an area near the rear fan
m
0
l
September 17, 2009 1:53:41 AM

I have nothing more I can add... except... The Computer Angels Have Spoken to you... feel the knowledge, learn and preach on the greatness of our forum... :D 

m
0
l
September 17, 2009 2:19:55 AM

Oh my God I found a forum where no one stops my post and has great knowledge.And I hope I found me a new home.Cause these computer parts I been collecting for over a year.My build name is Violet.She will be SLI ready.I like for you all to know all the parts I have here if its ok?
Thanks Mighttuss
m
0
l
September 17, 2009 3:04:33 AM

It is okay to list your parts here... We'll review and give you are feedback, as well.
m
0
l
September 17, 2009 3:43:36 AM

Glad to help....What you got?
m
0
l
September 17, 2009 4:51:55 PM

I like to post my Build(Violet) parts first then go back and start wiring my system.I have a few part left to get,but I still should be able to wire Violet up.Parts left to get.Video card/Memory/OS (Windows XP pro)/One more DVD-CD rom drive.I think on adding a very good sound Crad.I started my build last year on my Birthday.This years going to be just as nice. :D 

What I have now!(PS some of the picture I took I had to delete from Image shack to get others to load faster)

MOTHERBOARD Asus M2N-SLI NForce 560
Asus M2N-SLI NForce 560 M2N-SLI USER GUIDE
http://static.tigerdirect.com/pdf/Asus%20M2N-SLI%20Moth...

CPU AMD Phenom x3

LG 22X DVDRW-SATA w/Lightscribe OEM

WD Caviar 500GB Serial ATA HD
http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/2088/mvc032sa.jpg

OCZ 850watts GamXStream power supply SLI Ready
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/7783/oczpowersupply....

Nemesis Elite Edition
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3976/mvc039ss.jpg
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7479/mvc042sb.jpg

DOMINO A.L.C COOLIT SYSTEM
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/329/dominoalccoolitsys...
m
0
l
September 17, 2009 4:56:13 PM

Why put XP pro on it? Windows 7 is coming out October 22.

You should give the onboard audio a shot before ordering a soundcard. Most onboard audio is very good.
m
0
l
September 17, 2009 7:26:51 PM

Hunter315 thank you for your help.This is my first build.I worked on pc before,but just replaceing parts that was already there.Have you every read something,over and over to the point it get confuseing?Well I am at that point.In the Asus M2N-SLI NForce 560 M2N-SLI USER GUIDE
http://static.tigerdirect.com/pdf/Asus%20M2N-SLI%20Moth... manual on page 3. 2.2.3 is the motherboard lay out.I do not see no female molex connectors.And here a shot of them end
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1811/shotofinsidethewi...
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5016/2wirescpunoplacet...
If they are female,I do not see any place on the board or psu to hook them up.



hunter315 said:
Oh, thats not really as complex as you think. The 2 wires in the picture appear to have female molex connectors(a shot of the end would have been far more useful), and will plug directly into your PSU, they will run at full speed all the time. The one with the different end on it labeled CPU should plug into the CPU fan header on your mother board, read the manual to find its location.

Again, read the motherboard manual to see where you should connect the audio connection, if your motherboard supports HD audio use that one, if its an older board it may only support AC'97 in which case you would use that one.

In the future, read the manuals they were sent to you for a reason, use them, and dont post in all bold, it serves no point. Also be wayyy more descriptive of your issues, as im not sure where your wires are coming from so its hard to tell where they should go.

m
0
l
September 17, 2009 7:39:15 PM

aford10 said:
The wires in #1 are sensors for your display. They plug into 3 pin adapters on the motherboard. I believe on that board they can be plugged into the cha_fan ports on the board. There are 2 up front by the SATA ports.

The wire on #2 labeled ac '97 goes near the back of your motherboard by the audio ports. The motherboard port is labeled FP_Audio. The HD audio is only for motherboards that support it, which yours doesn't.


Ok that wire was easy to put in place.
Before I placed the wire.
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9085/shotofwherechafanis...
Wire in place.
http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/2707/wireinstalledonch...

And you was correct about the AC'97.I had to remove some little blue things that was there to place the wire AC'97
Before I place wire AC'97http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/9060/whereac97goes.jpg
Wire AC'97 in place.
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5869/ac97hookedup.jpg

That leaves me with 2 wires that have no place to go. (I had to edit this cause I put the wrong picture here.)
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5016/2wirescpunoplacet...
A look at the end of the connector.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1811/shotofinsidethewi...

And if hunter is right There is no female hooks up on the board.
NForce 560 M2N-SLI USER GUIDE
http://static.tigerdirect.com/pdf/ [...] Manual.pdf
m
0
l
September 17, 2009 7:43:37 PM

aford10 said:
Why put XP pro on it? Windows 7 is coming out October 22.

You should give the onboard audio a shot before ordering a soundcard. Most onboard audio is very good.


What the price range on Windows 7?My GF said she will get me Windows XP pro for my Birthday.And I like the ideal about give the Onboard audio a try.Save me money and more room for the 2 grapic cards I want to get.
m
0
l
September 18, 2009 3:33:26 AM

mighttuss said:


That leaves me with 2 wires that have no place to go. http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/928/wiretobeputonchafa...


LCD Temperature Controller
Installing Fan Control
The Meter comes with three 3-pin transfer wires for the Front fan (HDD), Rear Fan (SYS), and CPU Fan. With the exception of the 12 cm side fan that uses a 4 pin molex connector, the remaining two fans use 3 pin connectors. Please attach the wires to the appropriate connectors.
Installing Fan Control onto the CPU Unit
1. Connect 3-pin connector CPU from Speed Control Unit to fan unit.
2. Attach 3-pin (Yellow Wire) connector to motherboard's Fan Header.
Installing Temperature Sensors
In order to attach the SENSOR wires, use the tape provided to attach them to the appropriate locations marked on the wires. The SYS sensor can be attached to your VGA card or an area near the rear fan
m
0
l
September 18, 2009 2:29:39 PM

aford10 said:
LCD Temperature Controller
Installing Fan Control
The Meter comes with three 3-pin transfer wires for the Front fan (HDD), Rear Fan (SYS), and CPU Fan. With the exception of the 12 cm side fan that uses a 4 pin molex connector, the remaining two fans use 3 pin connectors. Please attach the wires to the appropriate connectors.
Installing Fan Control onto the CPU Unit
1. Connect 3-pin connector CPU from Speed Control Unit to fan unit.
2. Attach 3-pin (Yellow Wire) connector to motherboard's Fan Header.
Installing Temperature Sensors
In order to attach the SENSOR wires, use the tape provided to attach them to the appropriate locations marked on the wires. The SYS sensor can be attached to your VGA card or an area near the rear fan


Sorry aford10 I put the wrong picture there,here have a look.I am starting to think hunter315 is right there is no place on the board for a female hook up.And not on the power supply as well.

That leaves me with 2 wires that have no place to go. (I had to edit this cause I put the wrong picture here.)
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5 [...] ohooku.jpg
A look at the end of the connector.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1 [...] hewire.jpg
m
0
l
September 18, 2009 3:46:49 PM

I found the answer I was looking for about the two connector.How I found my answer Was I typed in the search engine (3 wire female connector in the nemesis)It took me to this post. http://www.nzxt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3219

Fan-Connectors:
the cables that owns the lettering "Fan Sys", "Fan CPU" and "Fan HDD", are having small plastic-coves for saving the pins while shipping. First they are looking like three-pin female-plugs, but they are not as they are looking. This plastic-covers you have to plug away before connecting. You will find three-pin male-plugs inside then. "Fan HDD" should be connected with the cable from the front-fan whitch is build in the case near the HDD-Bay. "Fan SYS" fits to the cable of the backward case-fan and "Fan CPU" you should connect with the Cable from the CPU-Fan.

This explaned what the two wire in the picture are.
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5 [...] ohooku.jpg
A look at the end of the connector.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1 [...] hewire.jpg

MY wire problem is solved.
m
0
l
September 18, 2009 4:35:08 PM

mighttuss said:
I found the answer I was looking for about the two connector.How I found my answer Was I typed in the search engine (3 wire female connector in the nemesis)It took me to this post. http://www.nzxt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3219

Fan-Connectors:
the cables that owns the lettering "Fan Sys", "Fan CPU" and "Fan HDD", are having small plastic-coves for saving the pins while shipping. First they are looking like three-pin female-plugs, but they are not as they are looking. This plastic-covers you have to plug away before connecting. You will find three-pin male-plugs inside then. "Fan HDD" should be connected with the cable from the front-fan whitch is build in the case near the HDD-Bay. "Fan SYS" fits to the cable of the backward case-fan and "Fan CPU" you should connect with the Cable from the CPU-Fan.

This explaned what the two wire in the picture are.
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5 [...] ohooku.jpg
A look at the end of the connector.
http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1 [...] hewire.jpg

MY wire problem is solved.



Lol, Sounds like...

aford10 said:
The wires in #1 are sensors for your display. They plug into 3 pin adapters on the motherboard. I believe on that board they can be plugged into the cha_fan ports on the board. There are 2 up front by the SATA ports.

The wire on #2 labeled ac '97 goes near the back of your motherboard by the audio ports. The motherboard port is labeled FP_Audio. The HD audio is only for motherboards that support it, which yours doesn't.
m
0
l
September 18, 2009 10:44:58 PM

My wire problem is not Solved.If you look at what he posted on the other forum it look like he said they had covers over them.But they do not.They are Female wires.(Hunter315) You was right about that.And if anyone has look at my motherboards manual on page 3 or 2.2.3 the layout of the board you see my motherboard has no place to hook up female connectors.I tryed posting on NZXT site about this.But it will not let me post.My next step I guess I call them.I like to thank everyone here that has listen to me,and tryed to help.And most of all for you all being respectful.
Thank Mighttuss from the Bluegrass state.
m
0
l
September 18, 2009 11:19:57 PM

Okay... I got around to looking at your pics, those plugs are to connect your rear case fan & front fan (HDD cage) to the controller. It will allow you to control those fans/monitor your temps. They don't connect to your motherboard. Your case fans may or not have the connector. There should be no reason they shouldn't keep your system from running.
m
0
l
September 18, 2009 11:39:18 PM

Thank you Tecmo34 I just got off the phone With NZXT.You are correct,they just hook up to the fans.Yeh we are done with that part.Thank God!(And everyone at this Forum)
m
0
l
!