Removing disk write protection

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Answer:

Remove USB Memory Stick Write Protected:
How to remove a write protection from your USB memory Stick
1. Shutdown your computer or laptop
2. Insert USB Memory Stick into your laptop or Computer
3. Turn on laptop and then immediately start pressing (F8) key then Advanced Boot Options screen will come up
4. Select Safe Mode with Command Prompt
5. After loading files if your USB Memory Stick drive letter is (G) for example then write as
6. C:\windows\system32>G: and press enter
7. G:\>format G: and press enter
8. If ask you (Y/N) then press (Y) and press enter
9. Now a full format will start which remove write protection from USB Memory Stick.
Note:
Before removing USB from your computer, Always remove it safely by going into to my computer then right click on USB and click eject.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_y [...] z1SxLKgIwh

Welcome to the Forum ! :hello:

bintang77

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011

Dear quotemsg,
I've tried the methods above and any methods I found on the web.
But really didn't works for me, with the methods above:
I've done from 1st step into 7, after that I saw windows can not format the disk write protection, ect. I didn't see the 8th step.

Then, with this mehods: Run ----> cmd ----> chkdsk "X":/F Also same result I've got! windows can not checking on this volume because it is write protected.

And with these methods: Run -----> My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDeviceP olicies ---->> ECT. Also didn't the result.
I sure I've done all the step correctly.

I don't know is it my memory card (Micro sd 2gb) was broken, or my Card Reader (USB 2.0 Multi Card Reader).
I just try to format manually on my PC. But same result.
Then I try to put my Memory Card into my Phone again, then format it there. And blawww!! I lost all of my data, even I've copied into my PC.
But I wonder, why the card / disk was still write protection??
Any suggest friend? Thanks for all replier, appreciated it.

TRENDING THREADS