Corsair 750TX fan not working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdpilam

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
I put in a new Corsair 750TX into my new build a month ago, and I randomly checked the back near the PSU, and I can't feel any air blowing out; does this mean the fan is not working? I noticed there wasn't a PSU - Motherboard fan connection, that is by design I assume, or was mine missing something (I did some research and it seems like this is standard). My computer hasn't been on too long and it's not working too hard so it's not hot back there or anything, but I don't feel any air blowing out - should I? I also took a flashlight and can't see a fan moving (nor could I see one when it was off).

Am I being paranoid, or is my PSU defective?

Solution
The fans in the Corsair power supplies are temperature controlled. The psu fan will not increase to full speed until the temperature rises sufficiently.

A few years ago there were a lot of complaints from users who did not do their homework and did not know about the temperature controlled psu fan.
The fans in the Corsair power supplies are temperature controlled. The psu fan will not increase to full speed until the temperature rises sufficiently.

A few years ago there were a lot of complaints from users who did not do their homework and did not know about the temperature controlled psu fan.

Solution
I keep plastic tie handy to check fan rotation .... insert very slowly on fan end till start to hear a noise....simple but effective :) .... wont stop fan unless ya jam it all the way in....but as always care should be exercised not to damage anything and you shouldn't try unless you examined the construction b4 assembly.

nopopup

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012

hello, it's really late but http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006
is that what you have ? if yes , I have the same psu too. But I don't get why the psu's fan does not spin. it's already been 10 hours since I built it but I have never seen it spinning. Thank you so much give me a message please

nopopup

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012

hello, it's really late but http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006
is that what you have ? if yes , I have the same psu too. But I don't get why the psu's fan does not spin. it's already been 10 hours since I built it but I have never seen it spinning. Thank you so much give me a message please.

Status
Not open for further replies.