SATA HDD works on one computer, but not another

Hello,
I got a new motherboard (ASUS M4A89GTD Pro) & CPU (AMD Phenom II X4 965) today and was able to get Windows 7 Professional installed and working properly with one exception: a hard drive that functioned just fine with the old motherboard & CPU is not recognized with the new mobo.

The hard drive is a Samsung HD103SJ. At first I thought I may have messed up the drive somehow while doing the upgrades, but I was able to plug it into another PC we have at the house and it works just fine and all data is still intact. When I plug it into the new mobo the bios does not detect it. I checked the cables and they all work fine with other HDDs.

One of the other HDDs is the same model and works fine in the system. So my question is how do you get the mobo to recognize a drive that I know works but isn't showing up in the bios or Windows?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.
2 answers Last reply
More about sata works computer another
  1. Silly question perhaps, but you did enable the correct sata/pata port in the bios first, right?
  2. Pretty sure they're all enabled. One thing I did to check was plug this HDD into the same cables & port that I already knew were working with another HDD and it still isn't recognized.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Motherboards Storage