Hello, please help EP45-UD3R REV 1.1

kamrdine

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Hello, please help EP45-UD3R REV 1.1

Following the problem you will understand below, I made several tests:

Installing Windows 7 64bit: the installation is slower than usual even with another hard disk as SATA, Samsung drive, Hitachi or another western digital.

Then after installation, during the starting of Windows everything is normal until the installation of drivers and especially the chipset driver. The PC become very slow between 10 to 15 minutes to start Windows then very slow to use.

I tested the drivers CD that came with the card and I also downloaded the Intel chipset, without result.

I redid the test with XP 3-pack 32BIT, installing super fast, the boot XP in record time with the default drivers, but after installing the chipset driver to XP the pc start on 10 minutes
(very slow).

I also remade the same tests with the two OS after updating bios f5 to f12, the update without result.

I redid all the tests with all devices disconnected except the 9800 GT, HDD and CD player, I had the same results.

I tested all my hardware with the motherboard of a friend, a card Abit fatality: my hardware works very well and normally.

I would like to know if this is a setting in the bios or something else thank you.

CPU E8400 3GHZ
COOLER MASTER V8
RAM 2X2GO ADATA VITESTA EXTREME 800MHZ
98OOGT DDR3 1GO

kamrdine

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

Did you try a different SATA cable?
yes 5 cable original gigabyte
I presume that the boot disk is connected to an ICH10R SATA port?
yes
Is the ICH10R configured for IDE, SATA or RAID?
I tested all

kamrdine

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010

merci

kamrdine

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
Dear Kamrdine,

Thank you for your kindly mail and inquiry. About the issue you mentioned, because several possibilities might cause the problems, such as something wrong with memory, motherboard, BIOS, driver, power, attached hardwares...etc. We suggest that you could try to do a simple test first:

Remove such as add-on cards, devices from motherboard, only install CPU, single memory, single HDD, VGA card and power (simple environment), and make sure the components on the motherboard are installed properly, then please take off the on-board battery to leak voltage to clear CMOS data by following the steps below:

1) Turn off power.
2) Remove the power cord from the PSU.
3) Take out the battery gently and put it aside for about 5 minutes or longer. (Or you can use a metal object to connect the two pins in the battery holder to make them short-circuited.)
4) Re-insert the battery to the battery holder.
5) Connect power cord to PSU again and turn on power.
6) Power on your system.
7) If BIOS can POST, please enter the BIOS and load the fail-safe defaults setting.
8) Save changes and reboot the system.

After clearing CMOS and load the fail-safe defaults, please run your system in a simple environment to observe the result. If there's nothing wrong in simple environment, try to install several additional cards into the slot one by one to observe the result again and again.

However, if the problem still occurs, then there may be a problem with the southbridge or the chipset, a further testing or examination might be required. Since we are not possible to get your product, we suggest you to contact your supplier (where you purchased your product) and see if they can test your system directly. If your supplier cannot help, please contact us again and we will try our best to see how we can assist. We are really sorry for the inconvenience you have with our product.

At last, if you still have any further question or suggestion about our products/service, please do not hesitate to contact with us. We will try our best to help you resolve the problem ASAP.

Regards,
GIGABYTE TECHNOLOGY

bilbat

Splendid
GhislainG is right - the "Load Optimized Defaults" step is mandatory when initializing a new board, and everytime the CMOS is reset, whether by jumper or loading a new BIOS. We really need a 'sticky' here stressing that! It does sound like a hardware problem.

If it proves to be the motherboard, you will have two options. The supplier you purchased it from will likely have a limited, stated period, during which they will accept a board back - either for replacement, or return. For 'eggsample' - NewEgg gives purchasers of motherboards thirty days during which they will take care of the situation; after that, the manufacturer's warranty is your only coverage, and for most GB products, it is three years from the date of purchase; you will likely need to confirm to them that you have taken the steps they suggest to discover the source of the problem, and then arrange for the exchange through them... If you're in a hurry, many manufacturers will arrange what is called a 'cross-ship'; that is, they will take a valid credit card number from you to guarantee that, should you not return your defective board, they can charge you for the one they ship; but they will then ship the replacement immediately after issuing the RMA - rather than waiting for your bad board to arrive at the manufacturer's receiving facilty. Not every manufacturer will do this, and, for some, it will depend on what country you are in - their level of support varies, often based on their popularity (and sales) locally...

kamrdine

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
! I bought another motherboard of the same model and it made me the same thing! I noticed that the 3 HDD with what I tested the card was defective I lost my money for nothing ...

Ok slow loading Install for windows 7 this is a bug on certain motherboards most likely I am guessing you do not have a 3.5 floppy drive but almost all motherboards have them enabled in the Bios. To fix the slow install and loading disable the 3.5 floppy drive in bios and your problem should be solved I had the same problem 1 was on a Gigabyte board and the other was on a ASUS board so give it a try. I am about 95% sure that this is your problem.

qhorque

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2008
I've been having "normal" installation times on my GA-EP45-UD3R on several different SATA drives from the same Sony DVD drive with the same Corsair Dominator RAM and the Intel Q9550 CPU. Only difference is that the W7 DVD seems to have more data on it (it's a DVD, after all) compared to the XP CD so there's more data to move from DVD to HD.

After that, the installation times are comparable unless I use the "upgrade" method instead of a clean install. That's going to be slower no matter what you do.

So I'd say, in my experience, installation times are roughly the same between XP and 7 on the same equipment. Something is definitely configured wrong or awry on your board/configuration somewhere.