belial2k

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
We need more info to give you specifics...what cpu and what MB? The basics are to go into your bios and reduce either your multiplier or your base clock frequency. If you don't know what those are, check out the overclocking guides in the CPU section and they will have screenshots that will walk you through it....Although I think your problem isn't a fast processor, but a fast internet connection. Most software has a way to throttle your internet speed per application or instance, so i would look into doing that first.

FallenSniper

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2007

That's kind of what I thought too. I thought most games nowadays gave 'host' to the fastest internet connection... not the fastest computer

Me neither, but let me tell you a story ...
A friend of mine (newly arrived to Saudi Arabia where anything over a one megabit connection is a really fast connection) is a Warcraft junky. He arrived with a slightly hotrodded e-Machines system. Ping times to the WoW server were generally around 500 to 600 microseconds. Helped him build an i7 system (non-OC'd) with a 4870. Great framerates on high graphics settings and his latencies are down around 200 microseconds on the same internet connection.

???