Sign in with
Your question

Trying to replace default WiFi system tray icons with custom designs.

Last response: in Windows XP
February 24, 2012 9:23:55 AM

Basically I'm trying to take the bland wireless activity animated icons and replace them with my own. I've checked (and replaced) the icons embedded in xpsp2res.dll (the little monitor with what resembles a radio signal above it,) but that didn't seem to work. I know how to replace resources as I've done it many times before, however there must be another file the driver is calling with the same icons in it. Either that, or the ICO files are embedded in the driver itself, or something to that effect. Regardless, can someone please help me figure out what I'm missing?
February 25, 2012 4:04:51 AM

Bump
February 26, 2012 8:52:52 AM

Last bump.
Related resources
February 26, 2012 1:54:28 PM

BCMusic said:
Last bump.

Glad to see that since all bumps are prohibited in the ToS.

As for your question, little will be said here but I do offer you this: Look for a program called Resource Hacker and learn how to use it.
February 28, 2012 4:55:17 AM

tigsounds said:
Glad to see that since all bumps are prohibited in the ToS.

As for your question, little will be said here but I do offer you this: Look for a program called Resource Hacker and learn how to use it.

Thanks for the reminder regarding bumping threads. As for my question, you might have missed the part where I said "I know how to replace resources as I've done it many times before". I'm not having problems replacing resources, I'm having a problem finding the correct file containing the resources I'm looking for. I appreciate your help.
!