no cd patch

is there a working one yet that lets u do build mode?

i paid for the game but dont want to keep putting the disk in and out all
the time.

thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about patch

    On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 00:00:31 GMT, "Steve" <smbr27516@blueyonder.co.uk>
    wrote:

    >is there a working one yet that lets u do build mode?
    >
    >i paid for the game but dont want to keep putting the disk in and out all
    >the time.

    Download or make an image or mini-image and mount it with Daemon Tools
    or Alcohol 120%.

    Here's a link to a mini backup image, use the first one. This is for
    Sims 2 University. If you don't have University, you'll have to use
    another one on this site.

    http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/sims2university.htm

    Here's the link for Sims 2 without University. I noticed there is one
    for DVD.

    http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/sims2.shtml

    On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 11:38:04 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    wrote:

    >Here's the link for Sims 2 without University. I noticed there is one
    >for DVD.

    Hmm... does it really matter if it's CD or DVD? It's the same files,
    and same executable right... so theoretically you should just need
    either one?

    > On Sat, 3 Sep 2005 11:38:04 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Here's the link for Sims 2 without University. I noticed there is one
    >>for DVD.
    >
    > Hmm... does it really matter if it's CD or DVD? It's the same files,
    > and same executable right... so theoretically you should just need
    > either one?

    I don't know. I just noticed it was a no DVD patch. Not sure exactly, as
    I didn't read or look any further. I noticed though that those mini
    images are different sizes, wonder what's the difference? The one I'm
    using is 16,244 KB & working great. Now, this is after I unzipped or un
    rarred it. LOL Not sure about that last word.

    deene

Sims Games CD-Rom Video Games