Sims 1 Hacking Help (Placement Rules)

I realize not too many people play or edit The Sims 1 any more, but
maybe someone knows a site with some tutorials or something.

I've noticed a fairly common type of hacked object is where they have
changed the placement rules. For example to allow placing on water,
slopes, or even intersecting another object. Does anyone know what
program can edit this type of thing? Or how to do it with a general
perpose program like IFF Pencil 2? Specifically I would like to edit an
object to allow placing it next to a wall.
4 answers Last reply
More about sims hacking placement rules

    Yikes, it's been a LONG time but I seem to recall the files being in XML and
    I just hacked into them manually?

    --
    Melanie

    Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert.

    "ManaUser" <PPliska@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >I realize not too many people play or edit The Sims 1 any more, but
    > maybe someone knows a site with some tutorials or something.
    >
    > I've noticed a fairly common type of hacked object is where they have
    > changed the placement rules. For example to allow placing on water,
    > slopes, or even intersecting another object. Does anyone know what
    > program can edit this type of thing? Or how to do it with a general
    > perpose program like IFF Pencil 2? Specifically I would like to edit an
    > object to allow placing it next to a wall.

    Wasn't that just using the cheat code - move_objects on?

    Is that right? moveobjects_on? Can't remember how you spell it.

    You could use Transmogrifier to change the position of the object within the
    grid square - you use to use that for lining up multi-tile objects.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "ManaUser" <PPliska@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I realize not too many people play or edit The Sims 1 any more, but
    > maybe someone knows a site with some tutorials or something.
    >
    > I've noticed a fairly common type of hacked object is where they have
    > changed the placement rules. For example to allow placing on water,
    > slopes, or even intersecting another object. Does anyone know what
    > program can edit this type of thing? Or how to do it with a general
    > perpose program like IFF Pencil 2? Specifically I would like to edit an
    > object to allow placing it next to a wall.

    No, object files definitely aren't XML. Transmogrifier can
    import/export data in XML but if the bit I need to change is in there,
    it isn't obvious.

    Thanks anyway though.

    It's move_objects on, but no that doesn't seem to help, at least not in
    case of the object I'm messing with right now. It's the Hot
    Date/Vacation style hot tub. For some reason you can't put it next to a
    wall on any side even though only two sides should really be needed for
    entering and exiting the tub.

Sims Hacking Games Video Games