Sims 1 Hacking Help (Placement Rules)

Last response: in Video Games
September 2, 2005 9:28:00 PM

I realize not too many people play or edit The Sims 1 any more, but
maybe someone knows a site with some tutorials or something.

I've noticed a fairly common type of hacked object is where they have
changed the placement rules. For example to allow placing on water,
slopes, or even intersecting another object. Does anyone know what
program can edit this type of thing? Or how to do it with a general
perpose program like IFF Pencil 2? Specifically I would like to edit an
object to allow placing it next to a wall.
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 8:25:58 AM

Yikes, it's been a LONG time but I seem to recall the files being in XML and
I just hacked into them manually?

--
Melanie

Re vera, cara mea, mea nil refert.

"ManaUser" <PPliska@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I realize not too many people play or edit The Sims 1 any more, but
> maybe someone knows a site with some tutorials or something.
>
> I've noticed a fairly common type of hacked object is where they have
> changed the placement rules. For example to allow placing on water,
> slopes, or even intersecting another object. Does anyone know what
> program can edit this type of thing? Or how to do it with a general
> perpose program like IFF Pencil 2? Specifically I would like to edit an
> object to allow placing it next to a wall.

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 2:55:21 PM

Wasn't that just using the cheat code - move_objects on?

Is that right? moveobjects_on? Can't remember how you spell it.

You could use Transmogrifier to change the position of the object within the
grid square - you use to use that for lining up multi-tile objects.

Best wishes
maxon

"ManaUser" <PPliska@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I realize not too many people play or edit The Sims 1 any more, but
> maybe someone knows a site with some tutorials or something.
>
> I've noticed a fairly common type of hacked object is where they have
> changed the placement rules. For example to allow placing on water,
> slopes, or even intersecting another object. Does anyone know what
> program can edit this type of thing? Or how to do it with a general
> perpose program like IFF Pencil 2? Specifically I would like to edit an
> object to allow placing it next to a wall.

Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 4:13:21 AM

No, object files definitely aren't XML. Transmogrifier can
import/export data in XML but if the bit I need to change is in there,
it isn't obvious.

Thanks anyway though.
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 5:01:27 AM

It's move_objects on, but no that doesn't seem to help, at least not in
case of the object I'm messing with right now. It's the Hot
Date/Vacation style hot tub. For some reason you can't put it next to a
wall on any side even though only two sides should really be needed for
entering and exiting the tub.
!