Recovering NTOSKRNL.EXE

August 7, 2004 7:49:29 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

Installshield has somehow corrupted my copy of NTOSKRNL.EXE. I have access
to the XP Professional install disks and want to repair this installation.
Do I use the "recovery console"? How do I copy this file over to the
SYSTEM32 directory?

Many thanks.
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 7:49:30 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

do a Repair setup, (turn on the firewall before going online) 315341 - How to
Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation or Repair) of Windows XP: Go to:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315341

Mark L. Ferguson MVP, email must have QZ somewhere in the subject, or will
be automatically deleted , I chat in the Expert Zone:
http://communities2.microsoft.com/home/chatroom.aspx?si...

"Andrew Chalk" wrote:

> Installshield has somehow corrupted my copy of NTOSKRNL.EXE. I have access
> to the XP Professional install disks and want to repair this installation.
> Do I use the "recovery console"? How do I copy this file over to the
> SYSTEM32 directory?
>
> Many thanks.

August 7, 2004 11:51:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage,microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment (More info?)

NTOSKRNL Missing or Corrupt

Insert and boot from your WindowsXP CD.
At the first R=Repair option, press the R key
Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for the
installation of Windows you want to repair.
Typically this will be #1
Change to the drive that has the CD ROM.
CD i386
expand ntkrnlmp.ex_ C:\Windows\System32\ntoskrnl.exe
If WindowsXP is installed in a different location, just make the necessary
change to C:\Windows
Take out the CD ROM and type exit

"Andrew Chalk" wrote:

> Installshield has somehow corrupted my copy of NTOSKRNL.EXE. I have access
> to the XP Professional install disks and want to repair this installation.
> Do I use the "recovery console"? How do I copy this file over to the
> SYSTEM32 directory?
>
> Many thanks.

Anonymous
August 8, 2004 11:50:47 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment,microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?)

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314477
Error Message: Windows Could Not Start Because of a Computer Disk Hardware
Configuration Problem

news:o eVgg$LfEHA.1764@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

!