Nvidia plans three Fermi cards at launch

G

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15795/1/

High end, dual and performance

chef7734

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

It is no more annoying than all the ati fans posting the same links the the same thread before there was any news on the 5870. There are too many fanboys either direction in this forum now. you get people posting the same crap that people posted about the ati and you get the ati fanboys trash talking the nvidia fanboys and vice versa. It is getting to the point where there is no need to read the gpu forums as it is just everyone trash talkeing each other.

sirkillalot

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2006
well most off us have worst problems in our lives

i think its part and parcel of being a man (competition)

as long as its fun and friendy i can live with it :) plus it wont stop on any forum!

There is also nothing stopping you from starting threads about aspects of the GPU scene that interest you.

randomizer

Champion
Yay! Fuddo reports something that isn't an outrageous claim with no evidence to back it up. Looks like the "GX2" will be like the GTX295 - double Fermi but slowed to keep under the 300W TDP, or perhaps with some parts disabled (hoping for the former so we can boost it back up with adequate cooling).

randomizer

Champion
G300 is on a 40nm node, not the 65nm node that G200 was on. So there's some power savings from going to a smaller node, but alot more transistors. Will be interesting to see how much power it really pulls.

Harrisson

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2007
Interesting when we'll see any card from GF100 family? I guess Kyle and Charlie were right all along about when Nvidia will launch those cards, and its not this year. From all signs its G80 vs R600 all over again, just with the roles reversed :sarcastic:

chef7734

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

Its always like this, Very rarely do both companies release cards at the same time. I have been building gaming computers since the voodoo days. When nvidia an ati came about there has always been one on top and the cards usually cam out around 6 months apart. The last time ATI has really had a better card was back in the 9700/9800 pro days. I dont care either way as I will purchase the fastest card on the market no matter who makes it and I might just wait till nvidia releases their card to see which is on top, unless games I really want that are in dx11 are released. I guess the problem is too many immature kids are building computers now and that shows the trash talking fanboism. Just wish they would jump ship and go play their consoles and let the grownups have intelligent conversations about computers.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
All i cared to see form fuddo is the gpu accelerated flash.

Nvidia may be one greedy mofo but they do work close with other companies to push their products and this time their ion. Bring much much delayed gpu acceleration to flash would win me over for nvidia for life on my htpc's at least.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
I rather see flash disappear esp while adobe controls it but when it's on like what 98% of all computers online it's a bit hard to say it ever will so it might as well get better then stay as it is.

rangers

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15813/1/

and that does not explain why they would want to hide it being that ATI cards are all ready out so ati cant do anything about it, get it to gether nvidia and just tell the truth {you wont have a card till next year}

G

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/15812/1/

i hope so this is true

randomizer

Champion
If all goes well Nvidia's CEO first said that Fermi, GT300 product will launch on Tuesday and didn't want comment whether it can launch in 2009 or 2010.

I really don't understand that. If it's launching on Tuesday then it's launching in 2009... Although "launch" doesn't mean "hit the shelves."