Choppy HD4850 on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Purplz

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
Hello :)

Since i've installed windows 7, my graphic card is always at full activity when I run a not so 3d-intensive game and when I open it 2 times, it goes really slow and choppy.

The thing is, on windows xp, i could open 4 or 5 times the game without any lag :/

I suspect the windows 7 driver is the cause of my problem

When I check my gc with gpu-z, i see the catalyst drivers being used but when I run dxdiag, here's what i see

wtf2d.jpg

Is there some kind of conflict between ati drivers and HDDM 1.1?

I've tried HDDM 1.1, catalyst 9.8 and 9.9 but they all give me the same problem.

I'm starting to get really desperate and considering buying windows vista. Could somebody please help me? :(

MORE INFO:

Windows 7 ULTIMATE
e4300 @ 3ghz
ballistix 4gb ram
Sapphire HD4850 512mb
WD 250gb

jedimasterben

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2007
Don't make more than one thread if you don't get an answer within like five minutes. All it does is clog the forums. I already replied to the last one, asking what game it is, and if it supports Windows Vista/7.

Purplz

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
My bad, i thought the uk and us forums were different.

The game is called Knight OnLine, it is about 10 years old and yes it supports windows vista and 7 because i know a lot of people using 5/6 instances of the game with no lag at all.

I know this is a bit off topic, but why do you need to open multiple instances of the game? I'm just curious.

Was this a fresh install, in other words no previous drivers or anything like that?

notzaar

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2009

Some people get so addicted to MMOs that it's not enough for them to just play it all the time, they have to play it all the time as several avatars.

Purplz

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009

Single card with 512 mb memory

It doesn't matter and yes it was a fresh install.

thesupermedium

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
It most likely displays as 2Gbs of memory because of the integrated chip. My old computer did that for some reason. I don't think you can actually use the integrated memory, but it still shows it. As for your problem, try a fresh install of the card like someone else said.

Purplz

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009

I've already done that but it doesn't work. I'm out of solutions, that's why i posted here :(

Btw, thegreatgrap, what do you mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.