FSP 300 WATT +12V1=16A 12V2=16A does enough for Zotac 8800GT AMP?

G

Hi everyone...

I have a pc like this:

> AMD 3700+ Socket939 2,2 Ghz Sandiego
> ASUS a8N-e motherboard
> 1,5 Gb Kingston 400 Mhz ram
and...this is my new video card: (old one:asus 7900GS TOP 256 MB)
> ZOTAC 8800GT 512 MB AMP! Edition

Ok... i know this graphic card is too good for my old system... But I have no other choice :(

I want to know that: My power supply (FSP 300WATT) sufficient for this system? Or what? What does this 12v1 12v2 mean? 16A+16A=32A not enough???

I play Oblivion. But my fps not as I expected. (15-20! Horrible!) And game sometimes freezes my pc. Is this because of my lack sufficient power supply? But other games like HL2:episode one/two or nwn2 maxed and there is no problem?!

Can somebody help me? Please... :hello:

G

You mean 6 pin pci express connector? if so yes... thanks for help...

G

Hi again :) Thanks for your answer...

This is what i read backside of my PSU: (MAX: 12v1&12v2=264 WATT)

This means; 264/12=22 A maximum?? And my gpu needs 26A? Then i need more power? Am I correct???

Hi again :) Thanks for your answer...

This is what i read backside of my PSU: (MAX: 12v1&12v2=264 WATT)

This means; 264/12=22 A maximum?? And my gpu needs 26A? Then i need more power? Am I correct???

The vga recommendations tend to be conservative, and account for the possibility of low quality psu's and added components. Since your psu is decent, and there are minimal components, I think you will be OK. Since you already have the PSU, I see no harm in trying it out first. If you see artifacts or low performance, then maybe a stronger psu will be in order.

G

734-guncel-ekran-kartlari-guc-tuketimi-tablosu-vga-power.jpg

I think you are right but why i can't play oblivion better performance with my 8800gt according to my old graphic card (7900GS 256MB) ? And why my computer freezes about ten minutes when i tried to play?? Sorry for my bad english and thanks for your help :sarcastic:

I think your 1.5gb of ram is the cause of some of your problems. When the 512k buffer of the 8800GT is reserved, along with the OS, there is not much ram available for your games. I suspect that your hard drive is busy paging when performance suffers. See if you can't install 3 or 4gb of ram.

G

Hi again and thanks a lot for your help... This is what i find:

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/1262/zotac_geforce_8800gt_amp_edition/index17.html

<<There are a few important notes to remember though; while our maximum power is taken in 3DMark06 at the same exact point, we have seen in particular tests the power being drawn as much as 10% more. We test at the exact same stage every time; therefore tests should be very consistent and accurate.

The other thing to remember is that our test system is bare minimum – only a 7,200RPM SATA-II single hard drive is used without CD ROM or many cooling fans.

So while the system might draw 400 watts in our test system, placing it into your own PC with a number of other items, the draw is going to be higher.>>
1262_40.gif

293 Watt loaded value?! What is the meaning of this? :pt1cable:

Power may well be part of your problem. The AMP edition is an overclocked version of the stock 8800GT. As such, it will take more power. Look at the clock speeds that you are running at. With insufficient power, the card could be reducing the clock by itself.

You could try under clocking your card to standard speeds, or even lower.

Since your PSU is marginal, plan on replacing it with a stronger unit. Or, you could get a aux graphics psu like this FSP for $75:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104054