Asus p4p800 e deluxe wont load operating system

roadrunner0u812

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
asus p4p800 e delux wont install windows upgrade from win2000 pro to xp. I have wipped the drive several times and started over but still wont go. is there some sort of third party drivers that i have to install. please help

mikey5802

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
Please be more specific..... What is NOT doing? Not seeing the HD? Are you using an SATA HD...? Did you perform the F6 procedure and load the SATA drivers from the MOBO cd?

Also pls post system specs.

roadrunner0u812

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
no sata all ide. it keep coming up as a problem detected and to shut down windows. then it goes on to say remove any newly installed hard drive or hard drive controllersm check for hard drive corruption. then in tech info it looks like this

*** STOP; QX0000007B (0XF78DA63C, 0XC0000034, 0X00000000, 0X00000000)
I TRIED MULTIPLE HARD DRIVES AND GOT DIFFERANT OUT COMES. ON THE ONE HARD DRIVE I GOT IT TO RUN WINDOWS 2000 PRO JUST FINE THAN WHEN I TRY TO UPDATE TO XP I GET THIS MESSAGE ALSO. SO I RAN OUT AND GOT A NEW HARD DRIVE (WD500) AND I AM GETTING THE SAME MESSAGE.

roadrunner0u812

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010

I POSTED ALL THE SPECS I CAN THINK OF. I AM NEW AT THIS TOMS THING SO BARE WITH ME

mikey5802

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
Try removing the LAN card, try again and report back. The P4P 800 has an onboard LAN. Also, is the new WD HDD also IDE or SATA? There's an IDE configuration setting on the Main screen in the BIOS. How do you have that setup?

Please don't use all caps, it's interpreted as yelling.

mikey5802

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2009
I also found this posible solution on Microsoft's website.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103?

Other potential causes of a "Stop 0x0000007B" error message include:
The boot volume is corrupted and cannot be initiated by Windows XP. If the file system is corrupted and if Windows XP cannot initiate the boot volume during the startup process, either move the drive to another computer that is running Windows XP and run the chkdsk command on that drive or try to create a parallel installation of Windows XP on the drive (in a separate folder). The Windows XP Setup program checks the integrity of the volume before it copies files, and it may fix some problems in the process.
You are installing Windows XP on a mirrored boot partition that was created by Microsoft Windows NT 4.0. Windows XP does not support Windows NT 4.0 Ftdisk volume sets. If you are running Microsoft Windows 2000, you must convert all Ftdisk volume sets to dynamic volumes before you upgrade to Windows XP. If you are running Windows NT 4.0, break any mirrors and back up all the data on the stripe, the RAID5, or the extended volume sets before you upgrade to Windows XP. Ftdisk sets might not be accessible after the upgrade.

There are also notes about a boot sector virus that can contribute to this issue, but since you tried a brand new HDD and encountered the same problem, it's most likely NOT the issue.

Remove all hardware other than ram, vid card and hdd and cd/dvd, try again and report back.

Latest posts