Starting houses

Uhm... does anyone if there's a place I can download the houses that
are in the "neighbourhood catalogue" when the game is installed? I
know you can get the original hoods back by deleting the neighbourhood
folder, but the starting catalogue houses aren't there.

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> Uhm... does anyone if there's a place I can download the houses that
> are in the "neighbourhood catalogue" when the game is installed? I
> know you can get the original hoods back by deleting the neighbourhood
> folder, but the starting catalogue houses aren't there.

Why in the world would you want them? You couldn't arrange furniture
inside of them. Only one of them would hold a double bed! Yucky houses!

Jeanie

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 14:43:47 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Why in the world would you want them? You couldn't arrange furniture
>inside of them. Only one of them would hold a double bed! Yucky houses!

To start from scratch without reinstalling again! :) I tend to modify
all the houses I download anyway. After I strip them of inventory,
that is.

> On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 14:43:47 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Why in the world would you want them? You couldn't arrange furniture
>>inside of them. Only one of them would hold a double bed! Yucky houses!
>
> To start from scratch without reinstalling again! :) I tend to modify
> all the houses I download anyway. After I strip them of inventory,
> that is.

Most, if not all, of them are up on the sims2 site and that would probably
be the easiest way of retrieving them. I packaged all of the maxis house
and saved them to a cd when I started the game as well, and, assuming it
doesn't violate some copyright law, I would be happy to send you the file
by email if it is within my extremely limited technical competence.

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:27:05 GMT, "Nancy Scott"
<nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote:

>Most, if not all, of them are up on the sims2 site and that would probably
>be the easiest way of retrieving them. I packaged all of the maxis house
>and saved them to a cd when I started the game as well, and, assuming it
>doesn't violate some copyright law, I would be happy to send you the file
>by email if it is within my extremely limited technical competence.

Thank you so much Nancy! The limit of my inbox is 10 megabytes. Hope
the file's not bigger than that :)

If you could please send them to rune.borsjo AT broadpark.no

At of course being @ writing it like this so I don't get spammed :)

You can do it and get the original people again by moving every
neighbourhood out of your neighbourhoods folder and then deleting the
neighbourhoods folder and running the Sims. It will recreate all the
neighbourhoods and then you only need to put back the old neighbourhoods
you wanted to keep (if you do a complete rename of the folder and it's
contents to the next available neighbourhood number you can have them all at
the same time).

MM

> On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 14:43:47 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Why in the world would you want them? You couldn't arrange furniture
> >inside of them. Only one of them would hold a double bed! Yucky houses!
>
> To start from scratch without reinstalling again! :) I tend to modify
> all the houses I download anyway. After I strip them of inventory,
> that is.

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 02:25:29 GMT, "Madame Mimi"
<swingles@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>You can do it and get the original people again by moving every
>neighbourhood out of your neighbourhoods folder and then deleting the
>neighbourhoods folder and running the Sims. It will recreate all the
>neighbourhoods and then you only need to put back the old neighbourhoods
>you wanted to keep (if you do a complete rename of the folder and it's
>contents to the next available neighbourhood number you can have them all at
>the same time).

But it doesn't respawn the original catalogue :-\

Guardian Pegasus wrote, On 2-9-2005 6:57:
> Uhm... does anyone if there's a place I can download the houses that
> are in the "neighbourhood catalogue" when the game is installed? I
> know you can get the original hoods back by deleting the neighbourhood
> folder, but the starting catalogue houses aren't there.

Did you already get them? Otherwise I'll email the .rar file to you, it
nearly 6mb (in .zip it over 10mb).

Bianca

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:13:52 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
wrote:

>Guardian Pegasus wrote, On 2-9-2005 6:57:
>> Uhm... does anyone if there's a place I can download the houses that
>> are in the "neighbourhood catalogue" when the game is installed? I
>> know you can get the original hoods back by deleting the neighbourhood
>> folder, but the starting catalogue houses aren't there.
>
>Did you already get them? Otherwise I'll email the .rar file to you, it
>nearly 6mb (in .zip it over 10mb).

No, please do! Really appreciate it... gotta remember to back them up
myself too, when I finish modifying them! I detest some of Maxis
design philosophies hehe, and wish to implement my own in some
cases... what I do is I have a "construction town" where I keep lots I
build or modify, and copy them into my city... so I have more than one
copy, and lots of designs to choose from depending on Sim needs :)

Guardian Pegasus wrote, On 4-9-2005 13:12:
> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 12:13:52 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
> wrote:
>

>>Guardian Pegasus wrote, On 2-9-2005 6:57:
>>
>>>Uhm... does anyone if there's a place I can download the houses that
>>>are in the "neighbourhood catalogue" when the game is installed? I
>>>know you can get the original hoods back by deleting the neighbourhood
>>>folder, but the starting catalogue houses aren't there.
>>
>>Did you already get them? Otherwise I'll email the .rar file to you, it
>>nearly 6mb (in .zip it over 10mb).
>

> No, please do! Really appreciate it... gotta remember to back them up
> myself too, when I finish modifying them! I detest some of Maxis
> design philosophies hehe, and wish to implement my own in some
> cases... what I do is I have a "construction town" where I keep lots I
> build or modify, and copy them into my city... so I have more than one
> copy, and lots of designs to choose from depending on Sim needs :)

They're send.

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 13:19:18 +0200, Rumpel <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl>
wrote:

>They're send.

Got em, thanks! :)

I just realised what I did with mine. They'd long since disappeared from my
lots bin and I've been reading this thread and thinking perhaps I should
find them again. Then I remembered - I'd put them all in my Store and Test
neighbourhood and when I want a copy of a house, I just pack one up from
there and reinstall it. I put them there so long ago I'd forgotten they
were the original house lots. D'oh.

Best wishes
maxon

> On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:27:05 GMT, "Nancy Scott"
> <nanschellscott@sprintmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Most, if not all, of them are up on the sims2 site and that would probably
>>be the easiest way of retrieving them. I packaged all of the maxis house
>>and saved them to a cd when I started the game as well, and, assuming it
>>doesn't violate some copyright law, I would be happy to send you the file
>>by email if it is within my extremely limited technical competence.
>
> Thank you so much Nancy! The limit of my inbox is 10 megabytes. Hope
> the file's not bigger than that :)
>
> If you could please send them to rune.borsjo AT broadpark.no
>
> At of course being @ writing it like this so I don't get spammed :)

The last of the twelve files is on the way. It occurred to me, after the
fact, that I should have tried to compress the file using Winrar. In the
light of what happened with Katrina, I have been checking and refreshing my
hurricane supplies. I had neglected that since nothing has seemed likely to
come up the coast this season, but Floyd was a relatively late season event
too and I ws very glad that I had my recommended 4-5 days of no power and
water supplies then, even though we are high enough up that the direct
flooding missed us by several blocks.

>But it doesn't respawn the original catalogue :-\

If you delete the entire EA Games/Sims 2 folder the game respawns it
all. I never checked if the orignial lots came back put its worth a go.

Also, since I didn't have the disc in, the game must copy things back
from the Program Files\EA Games\Sims 2 folder. So, a hunt in there
might find them!

It doesn't respawn the additional houses that were sitting in the lots bin
when you do this which was GP's original point.

Best wishes
maxon

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
> >But it doesn't respawn the original catalogue :-\
>
> If you delete the entire EA Games/Sims 2 folder the game respawns it
> all. I never checked if the orignial lots came back put its worth a go.
>
> Also, since I didn't have the disc in, the game must copy things back
> from the Program Files\EA Games\Sims 2 folder. So, a hunt in there
> might find them!

Which just goes to show that I missed the whole point - wouldn't be the
first time - why do you need the original houses from the lot bin to 'start
over'?

MM

> It doesn't respawn the additional houses that were sitting in the lots bin
> when you do this which was GP's original point.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon
>
> "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
>> >But it doesn't respawn the original catalogue :-\
>>
>> If you delete the entire EA Games/Sims 2 folder the game respawns it
>> all. I never checked if the orignial lots came back put its worth a go.
>>
>> Also, since I didn't have the disc in, the game must copy things back
>> from the Program Files\EA Games\Sims 2 folder. So, a hunt in there
>> might find them!

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 10:42:01 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>It doesn't respawn the additional houses that were sitting in the lots bin
>when you do this which was GP's original point.
>
>Best wishes
>maxon

But according to him they do if you delete the ENTIRE Sims 2 my
documents folder... hmm... maybe if you deleted just the lotcatalogue,
it'll come back... I'll give it a try.

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 12:48:14 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>But according to him they do if you delete the ENTIRE Sims 2 my
>documents folder... hmm... maybe if you deleted just the lotcatalogue,
>it'll come back... I'll give it a try.

Nope, it didn't. Anywho, it probably has it all installed somewhere in
the Sims 2 installation folder, since that's where it draws from it
respawns Pleasantville, Veronaville and Strangetown... I know this
because I use the miniimage, and so it's not getting it from the CD
:)

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:28:46 GMT, "Madame Mim"
<mad.mim@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>Which just goes to show that I missed the whole point - wouldn't be the
>first time - why do you need the original houses from the lot bin to 'start
>over'?

You don't... I just wanted them LOL!