Sign in with
Your question

Cd rom ribbon connector on asus p5n-d motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
March 6, 2010 11:34:46 PM

Just got a asus P5N-D motherboard and there isen't anyplace to connect the CD Rom drives Well none tht I can see. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me to sort this out

More about : rom ribbon connector asus p5n motherboard

March 8, 2010 4:59:19 PM

As it is a newer motherboard, it doesnt have any, as ide slots are outdated, your best bet would be to replace ur current cd/dvd drives with SATA ones, newer drives are also smaller in length than older ide ones. You can get DVD/rws for around £15 (not sure about $) the motherboard has 4 sata slots so it should be enough for your harddrives and dvd drives.

If you prefer not to do this, you could buy a pci ide card, however this would be around £10, so your probably still better off upgrading to sata drives.
m
l
March 9, 2010 12:58:42 AM

lindley010 said:
As it is a newer motherboard, it doesnt have any, as ide slots are outdated, your best bet would be to replace ur current cd/dvd drives with SATA ones, newer drives are also smaller in length than older ide ones. You can get DVD/rws for around £15 (not sure about $) the motherboard has 4 sata slots so it should be enough for your harddrives and dvd drives.

If you prefer not to do this, you could buy a pci ide card, however this would be around £10, so your probably still better off upgrading to sata drives.

Thank you lindley010
Was thinking it would be something like that but need some support. So thank you again for helping me.
m
l
!