Sign in with
Your question

Upgrade pii 350 with windows 98 to pIV 2.4 with windows xp

Last response: in CPUs
December 7, 2009 2:53:52 PM

Hi

I want to upgrade pii 350 with windows 98 to pIV 2.4 with windows xp. Can this be done? What do I need to buy?
Thx

Wyn
a b à CPUs
December 7, 2009 3:14:57 PM

If you are looking for a obsolete 6 year old Pentium 4 system just look on craigslist or a computer surplus store that takes obsolete systems.A Pentium 4 system is worth about $50 to $75. basically junk which you might even find in a thrift store etc.
You can't upgrade a 12 or 11 year old Pentium 2 system to a Pentium 4 CPU as the Pentium II used slot 1 rather than a socket and Pentium 4 used socket 423,478 or LGA 775,use different memory etc.

What you are talking about is so old and technologically antiquated (on both systems) that you are much better off building a new budget PC instead.
But like I said earlier you can find old Pentium 4 systems for dirt cheap.
Many businesses are throwing them away.I basically got 8 Pentium 4 systems a year ago for free and gave most away to friends who didn't have a PC.I actually sold one for $100.
m
l
December 9, 2009 4:39:58 PM

jj463rd said:
If you are looking for a obsolete 6 year old Pentium 4 system just look on craigslist or a computer surplus store that takes obsolete systems.A Pentium 4 system is worth about $50 to $75. basically junk which you might even find in a thrift store etc.
You can't upgrade a 12 or 11 year old Pentium 2 system to a Pentium 4 CPU as the Pentium II used slot 1 rather than a socket and Pentium 4 used socket 423,478 or LGA 775,use different memory etc.

What you are talking about is so old and technologically antiquated (on both systems) that you are much better off building a new budget PC instead.
But like I said earlier you can find old Pentium 4 systems for dirt cheap.
Many businesses are throwing them away.I basically got 8 Pentium 4 systems a year ago for free and gave most away to friends who didn't have a PC.I actually sold one for $100.

Thanks for your help! Wyn
m
l
!