compaq presario 1700 laptop - WHITE SCREEN issue! HELP PLE..

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
May 23, 2004 9:01:26 PM

greetz all,

i have a compaq presario 1700 laptop, it has been a great laptop for me, but
lately [within the last month] when i would be using the laptop like normal
the screen all the sudden would go completely white... by pushing the power
button to put it into sleep mode, and then shaking the laptop, and restoring
it from sleep mode, the screen would be usable again. now when i turn the
laptop on from being completely powered off, it shows a completely white
screen for a few moments, then starts putting weird white and black
'mapings' on the screen. i cant explain it. i have plugged the laptop into
an external monitor and the display works just fine, but i cannot see with
the laptop screen! does any one have any ideas/suggestions??

i have just as of now taken the laptop completely apart, i have checked the
2 plugs that come from the display and plug into the motherboard, and
ensured they were plugged in securely [i have unhooked them and plugged them
back in], i have taken the laptop display off and made sure everything is
plugged in securely to the laptop monitor itself... i just don't know what
else to do, can someone give any suggestions?

thanks in advance!
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
June 27, 2004 4:14:47 PM

I have the same problem--saw your site talking about diassembling the
monitor, but the link is gone--I am fairly desperate--where can I find out
how to take this thing apart?
!