Need help with keyboard and mouse selection

kenney3702

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Hey guys,

I'm currently using an MX518 and a Saitek Eclipse 2 and they're both just hitting the end of their lifetime.

For keyboards, I'm deciding between:
Saitek Eclipse 3
Logitech G110
Saitek Cyborg
Steelseries Zboard

For mice, I'm deciding between:
Steelseries Ikari laser (big difference w/ optical?)
Logitech G9 (big difference between g9x?, beside the dpi)
Logitech G500

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I'm trying to keep costs down, and honestly all that macro jazz on the keyboards isn't a huge selling point for me. I can do without it. As for mice, I really like the feel of the 518, but am looking for something new and different.

Thanks!

bradboarder5

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
im was in the same boat a couple days ago, i was browsing keyboards and mice and was stuck between a couple. i chose the logitech g500 and g110. most people say they like the g15, but the lcd screen was going to be useless, i wasnt going to buy something i wasnt going to look at. the g110 has different color key changes, which is pretty cool cuz it will match my black/red setup :D
mouse wise, the only difference between the g9 and g9x is the dpi. thats it. i hear its a great mouse. for me being on a budget i got the g500 and its anything i could need. its similar to the 518 but with 8 buttons and you can change the scroll wheel to freel scroll.
thats my input.