[HELP] OC'ing AMD Athlon II X4 635 w/ Biostar A780L3G

didhot123

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
Hello all,

i'm new to OC and i'm attempting to OC my processor. But the problem is, i can't go farther than the stock frequency, it's kinda weird that everybody can OC their X4 635's. There's no higher clock options. :??:

What should i do? thanks in advance :)

Enter your BIOS and drop your memory divider one setting. You should also drop your HT one setting (keep the HT as close to stock 2000MHz as you can). Increasing the speed of the IMC/NB is a good thing, so do not worry if you go over stock 2000MHz with the IMC/NB.

To adjust your FSB/system clock you may use AMD OverDrive if that option is not available in your BIOS.

didhot123

Distinguished
May 3, 2011

Yes i have enter my BIOS, but i can't find any options that named memory divider, wich one is the memory divider? I have drop my HT to 1.8, 1.6... but still no result. I can't increase the FSB too.. :sweat:

I suspect you will find a lot of your answers if you carefully read and understand the BIOS section of your motherboard manual.

Do this, in conjunction with reading a basic over-clocking guide, and you will quickly understand the concepts, basics and terminology.

Each part of your motherboard, and every vendor, in every BIOS has different names for the exact same things. Regardless of the 'naming' the relationships and concepts between these 'things' always, always remain the same.

Example: HT Settings - HyperTransport Technology or HTT

Think bandwidth between all your system interconnects. Like every other component in over-clocking it operates as the system clock multiplied. It will be named and defined in any number of ways.

It may be shown as HT Link or HTT, with the setting 1800MHz or simply X9, 1600MHz or simply X8. It the same thing for your memory.

Your BIOS may say DRAM Frequency, Memory Clock or RAM Specifications. The setting may be 1333MHz or 667 or 6.67 - all means the same thing. Rams could show 1066MHz or 533 or 5.33 - all the same speed. 'Dropping the divider' simply means reducing the speed one setting, from 1333Mhz to 1066Mhz, or 667 to 533, or 6.67 to 5.33.

There is not technically a FSB on your motherboard THOUGH in some cases the setting name may still exist. You may also be looking for CPU Clock, System Clock or CPU Frequency - all the same thing.

In order to change the CPU settings you may be required to change a separate BIOS setting from 'Auto" to 'Manual".

And sometimes (in the case of Gigabyte motherboards) you have to enter key strokes at the main BIOS screen to open hidden BIOS menus that contain over-clocking options.

General concepts - interrelationships