Computer Restarts over and over

flgators

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
My computer keeps restarting over and over, I tried updated itunes the other day but my computer restarted on its own. Then I started getting a ituneshelper.exe message, but before I could do anything the computer would restart. Then I would go into the F8 key before start up to do a system restore but now I cant even get it to do that. The computer just keeps starting over and over. Please help. Thanks you.

flgators

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
I cant get the F8 to work now. Everytime it restarts I start pushing F8 to get to the safe mode screen. It just keep restarting over and over. Im open to any other suggestions.

flgators

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
When does it reboot? When your desktop loads?

It gets to the desktop then reboots. Some unknow reason I can get into safe mode now, but before when I was in safe mode and I when I did a system restore the same problem happen, it would restart over and over. Any over suggestion.

donmor554

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
I would suggest three possibilities...

. CPU temperature Double check the CPU cooler is seated properly and/or install temperture reporting software (I.E. SpeedFan)

. PSU is not of sufficient wattage to power the installed devices. If you have added additional devices over time you may have reached the point where the PSU cannot handle the power demand spikes and reboots spontaneously.

. Bad RAM stick. Try booting with each stick alone (if you have two) or eliminate one at a time and reboot and test.

Don M.

TRENDING THREADS