Sign in with
Your question

P55A-UD3 Troubleshooting

Last response: in Motherboards
March 7, 2010 4:08:19 AM

Right. So recently, I purchased various parts for a new computer, and assembled them.
The problem is, the minute I press the power button, computer starts beeping very loudly in a consistent manner. It pauses every once in a while, and then repeats the cycle.

I've noticed that the phase LEDs go as follows (from 1-4):

Green
Green
Orange
Red

I think it should also be noted that the system automatically shuts down after about thirty seconds.
Gigabyte's AWARD BIOS states that continuous beeps means that the PSU has failed, but the system is still operating (for that thirty seconds).
System refuses to post. Monitor displays nothing at all. Fans remain operational. Consistent beeping.

System Specs:

PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W.
Mobo: GA-P55A-UD3 (Gigabyte)
CPU: Intel i5-750
GFX: HIS HD5850
RAM: 2x2GB DDR3 OCZ Gold

Anyone have any bright ideas, or anything at all to help? >_>
March 7, 2010 4:15:49 AM

EDIT: Power Supply is now dead. Power button does not do anything.
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
March 20, 2010 11:24:31 AM

Hello!

I have almost the same problem whit my pc. short beeps in start and the cpu cooler not starts. the beeps goes on, no more response from pc. :pfff: 

Spec.:
Gigabyte p55a-ud3
i5-750
msi5770hawk
Gigabyte Superb 460w

If anyone can tell us a soulution for this please don't wait! :cry: 
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
March 20, 2010 12:46:41 PM

Vi3t-X said:
EDIT: Power Supply is now dead. Power button does not do anything.

Are you sure your power supply is dead? Are you talking about the power button on the case? Then it may not be the power supply, it could be a faulty button on the case, or it may be a problem with how it is plugged in, or the motherboard, or...

You can test your PSU using the paper clip test. Here's something I copied from another post:

Try to verify (as well as you can) that the PSU works. If you have a multimeter, you can do a rough checkout of a PSU using the "paper clip trick". You plug the bare PSU into the wall. Insert a paper clip into the green wire pin and one of the black wire pins beside it. That's how the case power switch works. It applies a ground to the green wire. Turn on the PSU and the fan should spin up. If it doesn't, the PSU is dead. If you have a multimeter, you can check all the outputs. Yellow wires should be 12 volts, red 5 volts, orange 3.3 volts, blue wire -12 volts, purple wire is the 5 volt standby. The gray wire is really important. It sends a control signal called something like "PowerOK" from the PSU to the motherboard. It should go from 0 volts to about 5 volts within a half second of pressing the case power switch. If you do not have this signal, your computer will not boot. The tolerances should be +/- 5%. If not, the PSU is bad.

Unfortunately (yes, there's a "gotcha" ), passing all the above does not mean that the PSU is good. It's not being tested under any kind of load. But if the fan doesn't turn on, the PSU is dead.

You can read more from this thread here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/265607-28-dead-paper-...

Or google around, here's another example I found: http://www.overclock.net/faqs/96712-how-jump-start-powe...
m
l
!