msconfig will not run

I am having the same problem. Msconfig flashes but does
not open. can anyone help
1 answer Last reply
More about msconfig

    Hi Mary,
    This is caused by viruses. One sure way to run MSCONFIG is to copy msconfig.exe to another filename, say msc.exe and run it. Try this tool from Doug Knox, creates copies of MSCONFIG, TASKMGR.EXE AND REGEDIT.
    Emergency Msconfig, Regedit, Task Manager http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm

    Also, update your anti-virus scanner and run a full system scan. The following viruses terminate any of the following processes: REGEDIT.EXE and TASKMGR.EXE

    W32.HLLW.Kefy:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.kefy.html

    W32.HLLW.Cydog@mm:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.cydog@mm..html

    Backdoor.IRC.Yoink.A:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.irc.yoink.a.html

    Backdoor.Volac.dr:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.volac.dr..html

    W32.Kwbot.R.Worm:
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.kwbot.r.worm.html

    [The following viruses deletes Regedit.exe, Regedt32.exe, Msconfig.exe, Taskmgr.exe]

    W32.Petch.B:
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.petch.b.html

    W32.HLLW.Maax.B@mm:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.maax.b@mm.html

    W32.spybot worm disables NAV, Msconfig, Regedit and Task Manager:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm.html

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    "mary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:230d01c47d60$d76724d0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    I am having the same problem. Msconfig flashes but does
    not open. can anyone help

Configuration Microsoft Msconfig Windows XP