Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Hacked empty lots - smaller than 3x2?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 4:00:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

The smallest standard lot that comes with TS2 is a cozy little suburban
3x2 lot, 3 spaces fronting on the street, 2 deep.

I'd like to do some concept experimentation with respect to things like
attached housing, brownstones, and other neither-quite-urban-nor-quite-
suburban construction. However, in order to do this, I need lots
smaller than this 3x2 lot. I remember seeing a 2x2 lot somewhere, but
also recall that there was a 'dead' space adjacent to it, making it 2x2
BUILDABLE, but 3x2 LOCATABLE. I'd like lots that are smaller than 3x2
that are LOCATABLE at the smaller intervals - specifically, a
"corrected" 2x2 lot, and lots at 1x2 and 1x3 (with the _1_ facing the
street, 2 or 3 deep). Do they exist? Are there pointers to information
that I can use to hack one up myself? Anybody? Bueller?

(As with all my lots, if I get something that I like well enough not to
destroy it, you'll see them on the Sims 2 Lot Exchange.)

--
Jeff Zeitlin
jzeitlin@cyburban.com
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 8:23:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

I don't believe they exist, but it's my understanding that Nightlife will
have smaller and larger lot sizes.

Chris

"Jeff Zeitlin" <jzeitlin@cyburban.com> wrote in message
news:2mhjh19rhnn1nivd6bnbthb5k99hpbvl82@4ax.com...
> The smallest standard lot that comes with TS2 is a cozy little suburban
> 3x2 lot, 3 spaces fronting on the street, 2 deep.
>
> I'd like to do some concept experimentation with respect to things like
> attached housing, brownstones, and other neither-quite-urban-nor-quite-
> suburban construction. However, in order to do this, I need lots
> smaller than this 3x2 lot. I remember seeing a 2x2 lot somewhere, but
> also recall that there was a 'dead' space adjacent to it, making it 2x2
> BUILDABLE, but 3x2 LOCATABLE. I'd like lots that are smaller than 3x2
> that are LOCATABLE at the smaller intervals - specifically, a
> "corrected" 2x2 lot, and lots at 1x2 and 1x3 (with the _1_ facing the
> street, 2 or 3 deep). Do they exist? Are there pointers to information
> that I can use to hack one up myself? Anybody? Bueller?
>
> (As with all my lots, if I get something that I like well enough not to
> destroy it, you'll see them on the Sims 2 Lot Exchange.)
>
> --
> Jeff Zeitlin
> jzeitlin@cyburban.com
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 11:00:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

Jeff Zeitlin wrote, On 3-9-2005 18:00:
> The smallest standard lot that comes with TS2 is a cozy little suburban
> 3x2 lot, 3 spaces fronting on the street, 2 deep.
>
> I'd like to do some concept experimentation with respect to things like
> attached housing, brownstones, and other neither-quite-urban-nor-quite-
> suburban construction. However, in order to do this, I need lots
> smaller than this 3x2 lot. I remember seeing a 2x2 lot somewhere, but
> also recall that there was a 'dead' space adjacent to it, making it 2x2
> BUILDABLE, but 3x2 LOCATABLE. I'd like lots that are smaller than 3x2
> that are LOCATABLE at the smaller intervals - specifically, a
> "corrected" 2x2 lot, and lots at 1x2 and 1x3 (with the _1_ facing the
> street, 2 or 3 deep). Do they exist? Are there pointers to information
> that I can use to hack one up myself? Anybody? Bueller?
>
> (As with all my lots, if I get something that I like well enough not to
> destroy it, you'll see them on the Sims 2 Lot Exchange.)

In Pleasantville there is a 2x2 lot (the little shack at the edge of
town), you could remove the house, put it in the housebin, locate it in
the "lotcatalog" folder and mark it as read-only file, this way if you
put the 2x2 lot from the housebin there will always remain a copy in the
housebin. I think you can also download it from Mod the Sims2.

But as Chris O'Malley said, Nitelife offers more sizes (smaller and
bigger) lots, so it might be easier to wait for that.

Bianca
Anonymous
September 3, 2005 11:00:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims,alt.games.the-sims-2 (More info?)

"Rumpel" <rumpelteazer@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
<snip>
> In Pleasantville there is a 2x2 lot (the little shack at the edge of
> town), you could remove the house, put it in the housebin, locate it in
> the "lotcatalog" folder

The Caliente House is also 2x2 I believe. That's what I did, made lots of
copies of that.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 5:29:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 12:00:38 -0400, Jeff Zeitlin
<jzeitlin@cyburban.com> wrote:

>I'd like to do some concept experimentation with respect to things like
>attached housing, brownstones, and other neither-quite-urban-nor-quite-
>suburban construction. However, in order to do this, I need lots
>smaller than this 3x2 lot. I remember seeing a 2x2 lot somewhere, but
>also recall that there was a 'dead' space adjacent to it, making it 2x2
>BUILDABLE, but 3x2 LOCATABLE. I'd like lots that are smaller than 3x2
>that are LOCATABLE at the smaller intervals - specifically, a
>"corrected" 2x2 lot, and lots at 1x2 and 1x3 (with the _1_ facing the
>street, 2 or 3 deep). Do they exist? Are there pointers to information
>that I can use to hack one up myself? Anybody? Bueller?
>
>(As with all my lots, if I get something that I like well enough not to
>destroy it, you'll see them on the Sims 2 Lot Exchange.)

Some of the houses that come with one of the Maxis neighbourhoods have
all kinds of crazy lots including 2x2, and like 8x3 community lot. You
can bulldoze the 2x2 lot, put it in your lot catalogue, and multiply
it. New and smaller lots will come with Nightlife... I wish for the
same as you, lots that are only 1 space wide, and 2-3 deep, so you can
have lots of them :-) A real suburban setting.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 5:36:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 16:23:33 GMT, "Chris O'Malley"
<omalleyc3@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I don't believe they exist, but it's my understanding that Nightlife will
>have smaller and larger lot sizes.

In Veronaville, I believe, there are some small spanish houses,
sitting on 2x2 lots.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 6:13:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

But he still won't be able to build right up to the edge of the lot (which I
think is part of what he wants to be able to do in order to create those
types of houses) so it's all really moot.

Isn't it?

Madame Mim (on her father's PC)


"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
news:jbckh1d68k0k9gdlnhg5i03ckg3qifq39c@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 12:00:38 -0400, Jeff Zeitlin
> <jzeitlin@cyburban.com> wrote:
>
> >I'd like to do some concept experimentation with respect to things like
> >attached housing, brownstones, and other neither-quite-urban-nor-quite-
> >suburban construction. However, in order to do this, I need lots
> >smaller than this 3x2 lot. I remember seeing a 2x2 lot somewhere, but
> >also recall that there was a 'dead' space adjacent to it, making it 2x2
> >BUILDABLE, but 3x2 LOCATABLE. I'd like lots that are smaller than 3x2
> >that are LOCATABLE at the smaller intervals - specifically, a
> >"corrected" 2x2 lot, and lots at 1x2 and 1x3 (with the _1_ facing the
> >street, 2 or 3 deep). Do they exist? Are there pointers to information
> >that I can use to hack one up myself? Anybody? Bueller?
> >
> >(As with all my lots, if I get something that I like well enough not to
> >destroy it, you'll see them on the Sims 2 Lot Exchange.)
>
> Some of the houses that come with one of the Maxis neighbourhoods have
> all kinds of crazy lots including 2x2, and like 8x3 community lot. You
> can bulldoze the 2x2 lot, put it in your lot catalogue, and multiply
> it. New and smaller lots will come with Nightlife... I wish for the
> same as you, lots that are only 1 space wide, and 2-3 deep, so you can
> have lots of them :-) A real suburban setting.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 10:12:57 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 02:13:37 GMT, "Madame Mimi"
<swingles@bigpond.net.au> wrote:

>But he still won't be able to build right up to the edge of the lot (which I
>think is part of what he wants to be able to do in order to create those
>types of houses) so it's all really moot.
>
>Isn't it?

hmmm, not sure I understand. Right up to the edge of what? The game is
kinda picky about lots that have been created in a non-flat terrain,
or other terrain, and then plonked down... if you create on a
completely flat terrain, and then put them on a flat terrain, OR you
first place lots, then build up houses manually, you can place them
right up next to one another.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 10:12:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

He said he wanted to make attached houses, well you can't because you can't
build walls along the edge of a block.

MM


"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
news:svskh1pjqimcnqop8oak6f6pd5ms5ih3mj@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 02:13:37 GMT, "Madame Mimi"
> <swingles@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>
> >But he still won't be able to build right up to the edge of the lot
(which I
> >think is part of what he wants to be able to do in order to create those
> >types of houses) so it's all really moot.
> >
> >Isn't it?
>
> hmmm, not sure I understand. Right up to the edge of what? The game is
> kinda picky about lots that have been created in a non-flat terrain,
> or other terrain, and then plonked down... if you create on a
> completely flat terrain, and then put them on a flat terrain, OR you
> first place lots, then build up houses manually, you can place them
> right up next to one another.
Anonymous
September 4, 2005 7:55:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?)

Madame Mimi wrote:
> He said he wanted to make attached houses, well you can't because you can't
> build walls along the edge of a block.
>
> MM
>
No, but you can put a fence all the way up to the edge of the lot, so
you would have alleys between the houses.

Has anybody tried using the locktiles cheat to try to build up to the
edge of the lot? I know it allows you to put floor tiles all the way to
the edges.

Jeanie
!