Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Duracom PC recovery disk windows XP

Last response: in CPUs
December 8, 2009 12:23:49 AM

I bought a Pc and the idiots didn't include a recovery disk. I don't have long distance phone account so I email them but my emails get returned. I want to save what I have on file but want to sell the PC and upgrade. Can I save what I have on the PC with a recovery disk (PC won't boot up)? And how do I get a recovery disk from Duracom Without calling them? brookzilla@peoplepc.com
a c 131 à CPUs
December 12, 2009 8:20:50 PM

Tell me if I misunderstand you:
1. you want to save your files and sell your computer.
2. the computer wont boot up.

There is no option in the recovery disc to back up the files on your computer but there is an option to try to recover the OS to a working condition so you can backup after it's fixed.

Without the recovery disc, your option is to remove the hard drive from the computer and purchase a Sata or IDE hard drive enclosure. Connect it to another computer via USB and access it. Remove your personal files onto a backup medium and put it back in the computer you want to sell. Another option would be to put the drive into a second computer and set it up as a slave (if IDE. if Sata, no setup required) then boot and access the drive.
Score
!